Here’s What You Should Know About Diabetes Type 2
Indu had been feeling unwell for a couple of months, however she put it off as work stress and fatigue. She often found herself feeling excessively thirsty inspite of little physical exertion and sometimes felt her vision blur. When her fatigue started to increase, she thought she should visit the doctor. Much to Indu’s shock, her doctor diagnosed her with type 2 diabetes symptoms. With barely any knowledge of her new condition, Indu decided she needed to learn more to fight the disease better.
Understanding Diabetes Type 2
Diabetes is a condition which affects the body’s ability to process blood sugar (glucose) levels. Also known as Type 2 diabetes mellitus, this is the most common form of diabetes in the world. Diabetes is a pandemic disease, affecting millions of people across the world. Experts blame the modern sedentary lifestyle and a growing dependence on processed foods.
Causes of Diabetes Type 2
Type 2 diabetes is mainly caused due to obesity as this leads to insulin resistance in the body. Other factors which increase the risk of this type of diabetes include genes, stress, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), and high cholesterol.
Knowing the Symptoms
Type 2 diabetes symptoms begin as a gradual feeling of fatigue and restlessness. These slowly progress to affect specific parts of the body. Here are the main warning signals to watch out for.
Excessive thirst and urination
Frequent pangs of hunger
Recurrent yeast skin infections
Feeling numbness in the fingers and toes
Sudden weight loss inspite of no change in physical routine
Blurry vision and light headedness
Differences Between Type 1 and Type 2
Most people are unaware that diabetes is of two types: type 1 and type 2. While both conditions are associated with high blood sugar levels, there are certain differences between the two types that have led scientists to characterise them separately.
- Type 1 diabetes is usually diagnosed in childhood as opposed to type 2 which surfaces in adulthood.
- Type 1 is a lifelong condition which requires insulin injections. Type 2 is often treated with tablets and can even be cured completely if the patient maintains a healthy lifestyle.
- The patient is of normal body weight in type 1 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is often seen in overweight and obese patients.
- Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy insulin cells in the pancreas. In diabetes type 2, the body loses its ability to respond to blood sugar; a condition called insulin resistance.
Complications of Uncontrolled Diabetes
Uncontrolled diabetes leaves your body vulnerable to a number of dangerous diseases, some of which can prove fatal in the long run. Here are some diseases which are common in people who do not follow regular diabetic medication.
- Hypoglycaemia: A condition experienced by diabetics when insulin in the body is more than the food consumed. This leads to low blood sugar, nausea, and even blackouts.
- Diabetic Neuropathy: Uncontrolled diabetes affects the nervous system. This leads to a condition called neuropathy marked by damaged nerves. Due to this, diabetics often experience numbness in their hands or feet.
- Heart Disease: Uncontrolled blood sugar affects the larger blood vessels and can lead to complications in the brain and heart. Diabetics are at a greater risk of heart attacks and stroke.
- Eye Disease: Diabetes affects the tissues in the eyes causing them to swell. This leads to blurred vision. Diabetics are prone to eye diseases such as retinopathy, glaucoma, and cataract.
- Kidney Failure: Uncontrolled diabetes can cause the kidneys to fail and leave a person dependent on dialysis. Doctors always advise diabetics to go for tests to check kidney function annually.
Homeopathy and Diabetes Treatment
Homeopathic healing seeks to strengthen the body’s natural immunity so that it can successfully fight diseases on its own. Merely taking insulin does not guarantee any improvement from diabetes. However, a complete lifestyle change coupled with natural medication does help improve prognosis. Homeopathic medicines provide relief from the physical symptoms of diabetes while helping control the disease for the long run. The focus is on long-term results, not immediate ones.
Unlike conventional medication, homeopathic treatment is free from side effects. This makes homeopathy a safe and reliable option for young children, pregnant women with diabetes, and the elderly suffering diabetes. The treatment methods focus on non-invasive procedures. Homeopathy believes that healing should be holistic and a comfortable experience for the patient. Do not let diabetes slow down your life. Speak to a homeopathic doctor for comprehensive healing solutions.