Leucorrhoea - Treatment
Leucorrhoea is only a symptom and it may occur due to hormonal issues, bacterial or fungal infection, weakness due to diabetes, anemia or other expelled waste. Hence, it is necessary to address the local cause of leucorrhoea and reduce its recurrence. This is where homeopathy excels. Homeopathy does not suppress the symptoms of any disease but treats the root cause for long-term relief.
Homeopathy is a medical system that aims to find an individual remedy for each case. This is because different women suffering from leucorrhoea present with different symptoms in terms of fluid characteristics, recurrence and severity. Also, the accompanying symptoms like backache, itching & burning in the genital region may vary. This individualistic approach of homeopathy treats the symptoms of the illness as well as the underlying cause of the illness.
Conventional treatment vs. homeopathy treatment for leucorrhoea
Conventional medicines for leucorrhoea treatment like antibiotics; reduce the symptoms and kill bacteria. But this may lead to antibiotic resistance in your body and disrupt the bacteria balance in your vagina leading to yeast infection discharge. Furthermore, they do not work on your immune system to keep recurrences at bay; they indiscriminately kill the bacteria that your immune system should be killing on its own. In several cases, where a hormonal imbalance is the main reason for white discharge, conventional treatment does not work to correct it, thereby increasing the chances of recurrence of the disorder.
Leucorrhoea treatment in homeopathy works by maintaining the hormonal balance and enhancing our body’s immune system. This helps to restore the normal vaginal pH and maintain the normal secretions of the vulva and vagina. Homeopathic medicine for leucorrhoea helps to control infections, ease painful complaints, prevent recurrence and avert complications.
According to a research study published in ResearchGate, helonias dioica (homeopathic medicine for leucorrhea) is effective in treating patients suffering from profuse, yellow, thick leucorrhoea and heals irritation, itching and general weakness.
Homeopathy is a gentle, safe and natural system of healing. It works on your body to relieve symptoms, restore the affected area and improve overall health. Moreover, homeopathic medicines are made of natural substances and hence do not cause any side-effects.
At Dr Batra’s™, we specialize in treating women’s health problems including leucorrhoea with a positive treatment outcome rate of 96% (authenticated by American Quality Assessors). Our doctors select a line of treatment after a thorough examination of the causes and symptoms of abnormal discharge. If you notice leucorrhoea symptoms, book an appointment with our homeopathic gynecologist for an effective leucorrhoea treatment without any side-effects.
How do you treat leucorrhoea?
From a treatment point of view, it is better to make leucorrhoea normal than to stop it because physiologically it is important. If it is completely stopped, it may result in vaginal dryness which can cause pain and distress during sexual activity.
Homeopathy medicines boost the immune system in leucorrhoea treatment. This plays a very important role in the natural elimination of disease based bacteria, its reoccurance and/or the prevention of the disease itself. Homeopathic medicine for leucorrhoea is selected based on the nature and time of the discharge and also depends upon the patient’s constitution.
What are the side effects of leucorrhoea?
These infections may lead to side-effects like:
- pain, burning or discomfort in and around the vagina
- rash or sores with or without discharge
- cottage cheese or frothy textured discharge
- strong or foul vaginal odor
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can also cause unnatural discharge. If you’re sexually active and have witness a marked change in your discharge, see your doctor. If it is left untreated, STIs can turn into serious health complications, including infertility.
A health care professional may tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these health side-effects. Check with your gynecologist for your leucorrhoea treatment and prevention of side-effects.
Why do you get white discharge?
- Normal reproductive system functioning: White discharge before your period is a normal part of the menstrual cycle. Normal discharge at the adolescent stage of the cycle is sometimes called 'egg white mucus'. As its name suggests it is because it is thin, stretchy and slippery in texture. This type of discharge is odorless.
- Birth control: Birth control medication changes your hormone levels; this can lead to increased discharge. It is a normal side-effect of hormonal birth control pills.
- Pregnancy: Discharge before getting your period can be an early sign of pregnancy. Discharge from pregnancy can be hard to tell apart from discharge that is just part of your monthly cycle; it is comparatively thicker and creamier than your monthly cycle discharge.
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI or STD): Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomonas are the STIs that most likely cause discharge. If you have chlamydia or gonorrhea, the discharge will be yellowish and like pus. However, these STIs are often asymptomatic. Trichomonas more likely leads to yellowish or greenish, fishy-smelling discharge and itching.
- Yeast infection: Yeast infections are common and can occur with no known cause. However, using antibiotics can raise your risk of getting a yeast infection and it most likely appears right before you get your period. Discharge from a yeast infection is usually white and thick; it is often described as looking like cottage cheese. Yeast infections may also cause burning and itching in your vagina and vulva.
- Bacterial vaginosis: Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs when the natural balance of bacteria in your vagina changes. The cause is unknown, but it’s been linked to douching, smoking and having multiple sexual partners. Discharge from bacterial vaginosis has a fishy smell and a grayish-white color.