Female Pattern Baldness - Symptoms
Some of the common symptoms of female-pattern baldness are as follows:
- increased hair fall;
- hair thinning all over the head, but the frontal hairline is generally maintained;
- hair looks less voluminous;
- the plait or ponytail appears thinner, or the bun appears smaller than before;
- a ‘Christmas tree’ pattern — where the sides of the partition and the top portion of your head may show significant thinning; and
- facial hair may get coarse in some women.
Above is a five-grade diagrammatic representation of female-pattern baldness.