Lung Disease Treatment with Homeopathic Medicine
The lungs are a part of the respiratory system. One of the main role of the lungs is to take oxygen from the environment and pass the oxygen into the bloodstream. From there, the oxygen is then circulated to the entire body. In return, the lungs also pick up carbon dioxide and dispose it. The lungs are an important part of the body’s daily functioning. Therefore, it is important to keep your lungs healthy.The term lung disease refers to various types of diseases that affect the lungs. It includes disorders such as asthma, COPD, pneumonia tuberculosis, cancer or other lung infections.
There are three main types of Lung Disease
- Airway- These diseases affect the airways that carry oxygen and other gases to and out of the lungs. Airway diseases involve asthma, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Lung tissue- These diseases affect the structure of the tissues in the lung. Lung infection causes scarring and lung inflammation. It makes it difficult for the lungs to function. Lung tissue diseases include cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis and sarcoidosis.
- Lung circulation- These diseases affect the blood vessels and can also affect the functioning of the heart. Example of lung circulation disease includes pulmonary hypertension.
Many lung problems are chronic and these disorders can lead to respiratory failure.
Risk Factors that can affect Lung Health
Your nasal passage is a pathway for viruses, bacteria and allergens to enter your lungs. Therefore, most of your lung disorders are connected to the nose and sinuses. Inflammation in the nasal passage can trigger allergy symptoms. In general, your body has a natural defense system to protect the lungs however sometimes it may not function effectively. Smoking tobacco is one of the most common ways to damage lung health. Moreover, your lung health is also affected if:
- You are over the age of 45
- Work in an environment where you are exposed to chemical fumes or other pollutants
- If you have other allergies
Lung Health and Covid
In this time of the pandemic, it is essential to keep a check on your lung health. Coronavirus spreads through your respiratory tract. This includes your mouth, nose, throat and lungs. COVID mainly affects the lungs; it can cause inflammation and make breathing difficult. It can also cause further complications such as pneumonia or other lung infections. COVID lung infection symptoms can be managed with the right treatment and if you have healthy lung functioning. Therefore, with or without COVID it is never a bad idea to pay a little more attention to your lung and overall respiratory health.
Diagnosis of Lung Health
To identify lung disorders, the doctor may make the diagnosis based on the presenting symptoms and the patient’s case history. To confirm the diagnosis, a lung function test, sputum test or chest x-ray may also be suggested. After understanding the patient’s physical and psychological symptoms, a unique and individualized homeopathy treatment plan is created. Early intervention can help in better management of lung health.
Lung Disease Treatment with Homeopathic Medicines
Our homeopathic doctors conduct an in-depth consultation and devise a unique, individualized treatment. This treatment incorporates homeopathic medicines, diet and lifestyle tips for the complete well-being of the patient. Our homeopathic expert will recommend a treatment to increase immunity, reduce the severity of the disease and help you breathe easier. As authenticated by the American Quality Assessors, Dr Batra’s® has an overall success rate of 91% and a success rate of 96.2% in treating all respiratory conditions.
How can I clear my lungs of allergens?
- Air Purifier- You can invest in an air purifier to improve the quality of the air in your home. Clean your purifiers dust filters often. It can help ease breathing.
- Breathing exercise- Practise some breathing exercises such as diaphragmatic and pursed-lips breathing. It also promotes relaxation.
- Outdoor Activities- These can help expand your lung tissues and help them function properly. Avoid areas that have high levels of pollution, wood-burning or other types of smoke.
- Change in Diet- Include foods rich in antioxidants such as A, C, E and beta-cryptoxanthin for maintaining optimal health. Beetroot, peppers, green tea, pumpkin are great sources of essential nutrients.
What do allergies do to your lungs?
How can I control my lung allergies?
- Identify and avoid triggers- Protect yourself from known triggers such as pet dander, perfumes or pollution. You can also try to maintain an environment that is free from allergens.
- Lung health treatment- Choose a homeopathic treatment for long-term relief. Homeopathic medicines for lung infection or other respiratory problems are proven to be effective. Unlike conventional treatment, they do not just suppress the symptoms but also focus on improving your immunity levels. Homeopathy works best if taken on a regular basis to prevent problems. It also helps to offer complete recovery even in post- COVID situations.
- Healthy and active lifestyle- Along with the right treatment, to keep your lungs healthy it is important to maintain an active lifestyle. To help control lung allergies better avoid smoking and reduce your exposure to allergens.
What can I drink to clean my lungs?
- Honey and warm water- Warm water itself can help detoxify. When combined with honey its anti-inflammatory properties can help your body fight lung infection symptoms.
- Ginger and turmeric drink- Turmeric is one of the top superfoods. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Mixing ginger with turmeric can give you the perfect cleansing drink.
- Smoothie- Apple, beetroot and carrot are some of the superfoods that can help detoxify. This smoothie is rich in vitamin A, C, E and has other essential nutrients. It is a great way to remove toxins.