Best Hair Loss Treatment & Homeopathic Medicine
Hair loss, also known as alopecia or baldness, refers to excessive hair fall from the scalp that can be temporary or permanent. Hair loss can be a result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions or aging. People typically lose 50 to 100 strands of hair a day as a part of the hair growth cycle. The hair goes through 3 phases that are known as the Anagen phase, Catagen phase and Telogen phase. This hair growth cycle ensures we don’t lose patches of hair all at once. Hair loss occurs when new hair doesn't replace the hair strand that has fallen out during the Telogen phase. Excessive hair fall can become a cause for concern as it may even leave a bald spot.
Excessive hair fall can be determined by symptoms like:
- Excessive hair shedding (more hair seen on the floor, pillow or on your washroom drain)
- A receding hair line is seen when hair thinning occurs above the forehead in both men and women
- Overall thinning of the hair from the scalp
- Widening of partition often forming a ‘Christmas tree’ like pattern on the scalp and a thin pony tail in women (female pattern baldness)
- Partial baldness and M-shaped hair line in men (male baldness pattern)
- Hair loss from the back of the head or the crown area
- Alopecia areata resulting in hair loss in patches forming a bald spot
- Scarring alopecia or cicatricial alopecia (hair loss accompanied with scarring)
Hair loss is often a result of different causes like:
- Nutritional deficiency
- Medical conditions like thyroid disorders, diabetes and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Stress and anxiety
- Autoimmune disorders
- Scalp Psoriasis
- Excessive dryness or oiliness of the scalp
Amongst various hair loss conditions, the 6 common ones are:
Male Pattern Baldness: A form of androgenic alopecia in men, male pattern baldness is characterized by a typical pattern of receding hairline from the front and hair thinning at the crown. It can even progress to partial or complete baldness in some cases. Read More
Female Pattern hair loss: A form of androgenic alopecia in women, female pattern baldness is one of the most common forms of hair loss in women. It is characterized by thinning hair, widening of the hair parting, and reduction in the density as well as the volume of hair. Read More
Alopecia Areata: A common form of hair diseases, it occurs when hair fall results in a bald spot. In this condition, hair loss can occur affecting the scalp or other parts of the body as well. The patches appear suddenly and may spread rapidly in a relatively short span of time. Read More
Scalp Psoriasis: This is characterized by the flaking of the scalp where one can see visible red patches of skin covered with thick, silvery white scales often associated with itching. Read More
Seborrhoeic Dermatitis: Commonly known as dandruff, it is a scaly skin disorder of the scalp. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, seborrhoeic dermatitis is an extremely common scalp condition that affects up to 40% of the population worldwide. Though it is comparatively harmless, research shows that dandruff scalp can alter the hair cycle resulting in excessive hair fall. Read More
Trichotillomania: Trichotillomania is characterized by the persistent and excessive pulling of one’s own hair, generally in response to emotional stress. This results in noticeable hair loss and bald patches. Read More
With numerous hair fall treatments and remedies that promise hair growth, it’s important to choose the one that works the best for you. An effective treatment for hair fall requires a personalized approach that deals with the root of the problem. At Dr Batra's™, the hair loss treatment is chosen based on the exact cause of hair loss, extent of hair loss, condition of the scalp, grade and baldness pattern.
What to expect in a consultation at Dr Batra's® for Hair Loss Treatment
- Medical Assessment: In the first consultation, the doctor spends about 30-45 minutes understanding the extent of hair loss/baldness pattern. He/she then evaluates the root causes of hair thinning.
- Scientific Analysis: The doctor conducts a digital hair and scalp analysis with a video microscope that helps to magnify the scalp up to 200 times. It identifies the extent of the problem, enabling an accurate scientific treatment plan. It also helps identify thinning hair in case of male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness.
- Genetic Test Advice: In many cases, the genes are responsible for excessive hair fall. Dr Batra's™ Geno Homeopathy is a revolutionary, scientific, safe and precise gene-targeted homeopathic therapy. It is a first of its kind, state-of-the-art technology to be introduced in India. Geno Homeopathy is advised on the basis of a non-invasive genetic test that is done by collecting the saliva of the patient. This helps identify the strength of the hair gene and predicts the probability of going bald. It also helps identify and treat genetic factors that can cause hair loss in both men and women. Since Geno Homeopathy is based on your individualized genetic predisposition, it is a customized and effective treatment for hair diseases.
- Treatment Plan: Based on the diagnosis of the hair loss problem, our doctors develop a customized treatment plan. The treatment plan is based on the patient’s needs, expectations, temperament and extent of hair loss. Dr Batra's™ follows an integrated approach of combining homeopathic medicine, nutritional supplements and aesthetic treatments to bring best results to patients experiencing hair loss.
Homeopathic treatment for all hair conditions
There are 5 advantages of homeopathic treatment for hair loss:
- Homeopathy not only treats the symptoms of hair loss but also the underlying illnesses like thyroid disorder, diabetes mellitus or even physical and emotional stress.
- It does not cause harmful side-effects such as decreased libido or ejaculation problems which commonly occur with the use of conventional medicines. Homeopathic remedies such as Thuja Occidentalis or Sabal Serrulata have been used in hair fall treatment for over 100 years.
- It helps to strengthen the hair roots naturally.
- It helps to regulate the hormonal imbalance/s, slows down hair fall and improves nutrition. Homeopathy further helps in effective management of thinning hair leading to long-lasting results.
- It delays baldness and deterioration of the hair follicles. It also improves blood circulation and removes toxins.
Want to know your hair loss score? Take the Hair evaluation test: Test Now