Hyperactivity disorder Treatment with Homeopathy Medicine
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) affects the entire personality of an individual and calls for an in-depth constitutional approach towards its management. ADHD homeopathy medication is based on the analysis of the physical, emotional and genetic makeup of an individual and it works to bring the body’s deviated harmony back to normalcy.
ADHD (Child Health) - Homeopathic Treatment
ADHD homeopathy medication addresses behavioral problems in children. In a case study published by Research Homeopathy Institute, 20 Children with ADHD who received homeopathic treatment for a year had improved behavior more than children who only received conventional care. Homeopathic medicine for ADHD is administered in minute doses and is not habit forming, so one need not fear drug dependency. Another area that has to be looked into while considering treatment for ADHD in children is safety; homeopathy has no side-effects, making it a safe medium to address the issue.
Many parents are fairly distressed about the safety of over-the-counter pediatric medicines because of possible harmful ingredients. Stimulant drugs like methylphenidate may be an effective ADHD treatment, but their flip side is that they can trigger side-effects like sleeplessness, anxiety, loss of appetite, slow growth, etc. In fact, most stimulant drugs should not be given to children under the age of six because of the risk of toxicity.
Advantage of ADHD Treatment with Homeopathic Medicine
- In contrast, homeopathy is safe even for infant complaints such as teething and colic.
- Each child suffering from ADHD has distinctive symptoms and causes. What causes a complication in one child may not cause it in another child.
- ADHD homeopathy treatment takes into account the unique, characteristic temperament and presenting or latent symptoms of every child. A comprehensive history is essential to the correct choice of remedy. The more information collected, the better it is to find a tailor-made remedy.
- According to a Research Gate study, the behavioral complications in children are metabolic in nature. For ADHD cure, one must first aim to correct a child’s metabolism. ADHD homeopathy medication aims to improve a child’s conduct-learning ability and promotes bowel function; this improves overall metabolic and brain function. Homeopathic medicines also help in controlling hyperactivity and improve concentration.
- Another advantage is that homeopathy aims to heal the child wholly. It strives to improve the child’s overall attention and behavior. It also addresses physical afflictions like allergies, asthma, headaches and stomachaches that the child may have.
- Homeopathy treatment aims to trigger healing at the root and to enable a gentle return to health.
- It is essential to nurture the creative spirit, the energy, the imagination and the curiosity that these children often show and eliminate the undesirable behavior patterns. ADHD homeopathy treatment balances these characteristics so that the child can attain his or her true potential.
- Studies published in the British Homeopathic Journal and The European Journal of Pediatrics report that children with ADHD, who were given homeopathic treatment or placebo, showed significantly less ADHD behavior with homeopathic remedies than those given placeboes.
Why Dr Batra's® for ADHD Treatment?
Children are more sensitive and at the same time more rebellious than adults. At DrBatra's™, we understand that well. Our homeopathic doctors put together a suitable ADHD treatment plan based on your child’s unique ADHD causes and symptoms. Book an online appointment with us to get a safe and effective homeopathy treatment for ADHD condition.
FAQs Related to ADHD
What is the most effective treatment for ADHD?
Can ADHD be cured?
While ADHD may not be completely cured, homeopathy can significantly decrease the associated symptoms. ADHD homeopathy treatment addresses the condition with smaller, safer doses of remedies causing no side-effects and which are non-habit-forming.
How do you treat a child with ADHD?
If your child has been diagnosed with ADHD:
- Set clear expectations: Before going somewhere, talk with your child to spell out how you want him/her to behave. Put more energy into teaching your child what to do, rather than reacting to what not to do.
- Talk about ADHD: Don’t shy away from discussing ADHD with your child. Help children understand that having this disorder is not their fault and that they can determine ways to deal with the problems it causes.
- Spend some time together every day: Make time to talk and enjoy; relaxing, fun activities with your child — even if it's just for a few minutes. Give your child your full attention, compliment positive behaviors. Don't over-praise, but do acknowledge when your child does something good. For example, when your child waits for his/her turn, say, "You're taking turns so nicely."
- Your relationship with your child matters the most: Children with ADHD often feel that they're letting others down, doing things wrong or not being ‘good’. Protect your child's self-esteem by being patient, understanding and accepting. Build resilience by keeping your relationship with your child positive and loving.
What foods should be avoided with ADHD?
All children benefit from reducing the amount of sugar they eat and drink. But limiting sugar is an especially good idea for children with ADHD. According to a study published in The National Center for Biotechnology Information, children with ADHD are at an increased risk of developing type-2 diabetes later in life.
Avoiding sugary foods and sodas can help them maintain a healthy weight and reduce the risk. It’s also wise for children with ADHD to avoid caffeine. It may seem to increase their focus in the short term. But withdrawal from caffeine can make them particularly irritable. It is suggested to limit unhealthy saturated and trans-fats, rapidly digested carbohydrates and highly processed and fast food.
What happens if ADHD is left untreated?
I get complaints from teachers about my eight-year-old son being very inattentive in class and not sitting in one place, even for one lecture. Can you please help?
Your son needs proper treatment. Homeopathic medicines have been proven to improve attentiveness and academic performance in children. Our medicines are safe and have no side-effects.
My six-year-old son is so restless that he just cannot sit in one place. He keeps running around the house and often ends up hurting himself. No amount of scolding or other ways are helping. How do I deal with this?
On the contrary, praising or rewarding appropriate behaviour could work better. You can set up a chart of things to do or avoid and give your son a happy face or star each time he does something good or correct. You can give him a small gift after he collects five such stars. More importantly, you need to take medical treatment for your son. At Dr Batra’s™, we have a team of doctors who work extensively towards the treatment of ADHD. We also have senior paediatricians on our medical advisory board. Our homeopathic medicines have proved to improve child development and behavioural skills without any side-effects.
Ever since my son was born, I have seen a sudden behavioural change in my daughter, who is six years old. She has become impulsive, and I have also started getting complaints from her daycare regarding her hyperactive behaviour. Can you please help?
Try to find a little time every day to spend one-on-one with her while the baby is sleeping or being cared for by someone else. Encourage other family members to do the same. This will give her some desperately needed positive attention. Help her with her homework, and find ways in which she can help you care for her little brother. Reassure her that you love her just as much as you always did. This might invoke positive changes in her behaviour, as it will be easier for her to accept her little brother as a part of the family.
If the problem still continues, please bring your daughter to one of our clinics. Homeopathy considers behavioural changes in children as important, because they can result in psychosocial disorders, anxiety disorders or even ailments like asthma and skin disorders because of the emotional turmoil they are going through.
We will evaluate her case and suggest a personalised treatment plan. Our homeopathic medicines will help her cope better with the emotional turmoil she is going through and help improve her behavioural skills.
My eight-year-old son picks a fight with other children almost every day due to his aggressive behaviour. Most of his friends try to avoid him. Please help.
The first step for you would be to understand the underlying reasons behind your child’s behaviour. The more you understand what is happening, the better you will be able to help him find other, non-aggressive ways to solve his problems.
It is also recommended that you get a medical consultation with our doctors to find out if your son is suffering from ADHD, which might be the reason for his aggressive behaviour. In that case, we will evaluate his condition and provide a customised treatment plan with safe, homeopathic medicines, which will help him reduce his restlessness, impatience and aggression. Our medicines will also improve his self-confidence, attention span as well as his overall quality of life.
I conceived after 10 years of marriage. Living in a joint family, my daughter, who is seven years old today, is pampered by everyone at home. She has become increasingly hyperactive and gets aggressive at times. Is there a problem in our way of upbringing? I fear being called a bad parent. Please help.
Furthermore, ADHD is a problem that needs medical treatment as well as counselling, not just for the child but also the whole family. Along with the treatment, our doctors will also suggest a few simple tips, like establishing a structure for daily tasks that would make it easier for your child to succeed in completing certain tasks. In this way, your child would know what to expect and what they are expected to do. We will also help you with exercises and a diet routine beneficial for your child.