Do you experience frequent bouts of sneezing and an itchy, runny nose that affects your daily work? If yes, you might be suffering from allergic rhinitis.
Allergic rhinitis or nasal allergy is characterized by symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, nasal itching and/or congestion and runny nose. These symptoms occur when you come in contact with a potential allergen (substance that causes an allergic reaction) like dust, pet dander and certain seasonal pollens.
Allergic rhinitis can drastically affect your quality of life and therefore needs to be treated. Homeopathy is an effective medical option that offers significant relief in patients affected by allergic rhinitis.
It all starts with a runny nose and constant sneezing.
A person with allergic rhinitis symptoms may experience one or combination of the following:
- Constant sneezing and cough
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy nose, ears, throat or eyes
- Watery eyes
- Reduced sense of smell
- Post-nasal discharge Read more
When you have allergic rhinitis, your immune system identifies a harmless substance (allergen) as harmful and produces antibodies to fight it. The next time you come in contact with this substance, these antibodies signal your immune system to release chemicals called histamines to fight allergens. This causes a reaction that leads to the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Few allergens or triggers of allergic rhinitis are:
- Outdoor allergens, such as pollens from grass, trees and weeds
- Indoor allergens, such as pet hair or dander, dust mites and mold
- Irritants, such as cigarette smoke, perfume and diesel exhaust Read more
Few factors that can put you at risk of developing allergic rhinitis are:
- Having other types of allergies
- Suffering from eczema
- Having a family member suffering from allergy or asthma
- Living or working in an environment that continuously exposes you to allergens
Our doctor will perform a physical examination, take your medical history and might also recommend any of the following tests:
Skin prick test : This test uses a small amount of allergen extract that is pricked into the skin of your arm. Within a stipulated period, it is observed for any signs of an exaggerated skin reaction.
Intra-dermal tests : In this test, the allergen extract is injected between layers of the skin and observed for allergic reaction on the tested site. Read more
Can Allergic Rhinitis be prevented?
If allergic rhinitis runs in your family, all close family members are recommended to get a genetic test done. At our clinics, we have developed the world’s first gene-targeted homeopathic therapy called Geno Homeopathy. With this, we can predict allergies years before they actually occur. This is carried out through a simple saliva test that not only helps us to predict the probability of getting allergic rhinitis but also helps in treating the root cause. It reduces your chances of getting allergic rhinits through preventive medicine, appropriate diet and lifestyle changes. Since Geno Homeopathy is based on your individualized genetic predisposition, it is, therefore, the most individualized and customized treatment for your health problems.
Snapshot of a genetic test report for Allergic rhinitis ~
Homeopathic treatment for allergic rhinitis
There are 5 advantages of homeopathic treatment for allergic rhinitis :
- Homeopathy considers that stress may aggravate allergic rhinitis, and treats both together going to the root of the problem.
- Common treatments for allergic rhinitis in conventional medicine cause drowsiness and interfere in day-to-day living. Homeopathy on the other hand is safe and free from side effects.
- Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment. You do not need different homeopathic medicines for allergic rhinitis to treat various manifestations such as watering of nose or the itching of the eyes unlike conventional medicine which prescribes different medicines for each complaint.
- No two allergic individuals have the same symptoms, and hence, no two individuals get the same medicine. Every patient is treated according to the specifics of his/her condition.
- Homeopathic treatment builds specific immunity against known allergens and general immunity against unknown allergens. Read More
Ramesh, a 27-year-old communications professional, was suffering from severe episodes of sneezing and a runny nose. He was allergic to dust and pollens in the air. Based on his case analysis, we prescribed him an appropriate homeopathic remedy, which not only relieved his present episodes of sneezing and runny nose, but also took care of his recurrent attacks and his sensitivity to dust and other allergens.
20-year old Sophia consulted Dr Batra’sTM for allergic rhinitis. Any change of climate, the winter season and dust would trigger an attack of constant sneezing for her. To know more about how Sophia found relief from allergic symptoms, read her complete story. Read More