Asthma Treatment from Homeopathic Medicine
Asthma is a condition in which your airways narrow, swell and produce extra mucus leading to a difficulty in breathing. It can trigger cough, wheezing and shortness of breath.
Breathe Yourself with New Life with Asthma Treatment
Asthma can be a major setback for many people as it interferes with daily activities and can also lead to a life-threatening asthma attack. In children, it is one of the main reasons to miss school. It is a psychosomatic disorder - triggered as much by allergens as by dysfunctional relationships and stress. To treat asthma effectively, you need to treat its root cause.
Symptoms of asthma vary from person to person. Some of the common signs and symptoms of asthma are:
- Coughing, especially at night
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness, pain or pressure Read More
It is a well-known fact that certain environmental factors and a strong family history may cause asthma. The following triggers may put you at risk:
- Respiratory infections such as common cold
- Physical activity (asthma triggered by it is known as exercise-induced asthma)
- Airborne substances such as pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste
- Air pollutants and irritants such as smoke
- Certain medications
- Stress Read More
Following are some conditions that affect the risk of asthma:
- Family history of asthma
- Having another allergic condition such as allergic rhinitis or atopic dermatitis
- Occupational exposures (industrial or wood dusts, chemical fumes and vapors)
- Indoor and outdoor air pollution
The diagnosis for asthma is done through a Pulmonary Function Test. Here the breathing capacity of a patient is measured to know if it is reduced. This is also used to monitor the progress of the homeopathic treatment.
Can Asthma be prevented?
If asthma runs in your family, all close family members are recommended to get a genetic test done. At our clinics, we have developed the world’s first gene-targeted homeopathic therapy called Geno Homeopathy. With this, we can predict asthma years before they actually occur. This is carried out through a simple saliva test that not only helps us to predict the probability of getting asthma but also helps in treating the root cause. It reduces your chances of getting asthma through preventive medicine, appropriate diet and lifestyle changes. Since Geno Homeopathy is based on your individualized genetic predisposition, it is, therefore, the most individualized and customized treatment for your health problems.
Snapshot of a genetic test report for asthma ~
Self-care and taking sensible preventative measures can reduce the risk of asthma symptoms and the asthma getting worse. Some of the things you can do to help keep your asthma under control are described below:
- Minimise the use of carpets and wash linen regularly in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Pets, if any, should be bathed regularly and kept out of beds as their falling hair may aggravate your asthma symptoms.
- Blowing balloon increases your lung expansion capacity. Start with blowing 1-2 balloons a day and increase it gradually. This should be done only when you are symptom-free.
- If you are a smoker and have been diagnosed with asthma, you simply have to stop smoking. Smoke acts as an irritant and also decreases the efficacy of the medication you take. It may also put you at risk of COPD and other bronchial diseases.
- Even second-hand smoke has the same effect and so it is necessary for you to ensure that smokers in your friend and family circles do not light up in your presence.
- Stress, anxiety or any strong emotion - they are popularly known to trigger the symptoms of asthma in adults, children, and women. Therefore, just remember this quote – ‘worry less, smile more’ and live healthier, happier, and asthma symptoms free life.
Homeopathic Medicine for Asthma
There are 5 advantages of homeopathic treatment for asthma :
- Homeopathy treats the psychosomatic problems associated with asthma. It is know that anxiety can trigger an asthmatic attack. It is also certain that patients suffering from long-term asthma suffer from anxiety.
- Common treatments for asthma in conventional medicine include bronchodilators that may trigger trembling and steroids that may cause brittleness of bones and obesity. Homeopathy on the other hand is safe and free from side effects.
- Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment. You do not need different medicines to treat various manifestations of asthma such as breathlessness and anxiety unlike conventional medicine which prescribes different medicines for each complaint.
- No two asthmatic individuals have the same symptoms, and hence, no two individuals get the same medicine. Every patient is treated according to the specifics of his/her condition.
- Homeopathic treatment builds specific immunity against known allergens and general immunity against unknown allergens. Read More
Geeta, a 13-year-old girl, had learnt to live with breathlessness and skin rashes – these had become a part of her life. She was brought to Dr Batra’s™ clinic for homeopathy treatment after her parents realized that she was not improving in any of her complaints with all other medications. To know more about how Geeta regained proper breathing, read her complete story. Read More
Want to understand the severity of your asthma? Take the asthma evaluation test: Test Now
1. I have asthma. Is it safe for me to exercise?
Be careful when you exercise; check with your doctor. One type of asthma is exercise-induced. Having said that, it is important for asthmatic patients to improve their breathing capacity. Blowing balloons, walking and yoga will help in doing this. Try to exercise in the periods which are symptom-free.
2. I have been suffering from asthma for around two years. Many people have told me that asthma decreases with age. Is this true? Can I outgrow asthma?
This is true of childhood asthma. Sometimes, as the immunity increases with the growth of the child, the asthma disappears. However, in many cases it gets converted into full-blown adult asthma. In old age, it may even get worse and lead to COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder). It is therefore good to get it treated when you are young, and build your immunity through homeopathy and your breathing capacity through light exercising.
3. Can asthma be fatal?
Yes, it can. Fortunately this does not happen commonly. With medical help available, this is very rare. There is a condition called Status Asthmaticus where the patient is unable to breathe and dies. Adults are four times more likely to die from asthma than children. However, when it is treated early with homeopathy, patients of asthma can live a normal active life.
4. I am 32-years old, suffering from asthma since my childhood. I tried using inhalers and steroids but nothing could provide me permanent relief. Can homeopathy help?
Yes, homeopathy offers holistic treatment for asthma. It not only treats your symptoms, but the root cause of asthma. Natural homeopathic medicines are given to the patients to help reduce spasms of the respiratory tract and build self-immunity. Homeopathic medicines also improve breathing capacity, which can be measured by peak flow meter. Read More