Trichotillomania - Treatment
Conventional treatment of trichotillomania includes psychiatric treatment, administering anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications. However, there could be a recurrence of the ailment after the medicines are stopped. Also, conventional medicines could cause drug dependency and provide only short-term results.
Trichotillomania is far from a cosmetic condition. It is as much a mental disorder as it is physical.
At Dr Batra’s™, we can claim a thorough understanding of trichotillomania and the various emotional disturbances that go with it. Our doctors maintain a record of a detailed case history of the patient, including an emotional assessment. Individual homeopathic medicines are then prescribed based on the emotional triggers and the patient’s individual response to that trigger.
We not only treat apparent symptoms but also go to the root cause of the problem, restoring the patient back to optimal health.
In a study conducted by the Department of Psychology at the University of Arizona, USA, improved mood was observed after homeopathic medicines were administered; moreover, anxiety-sensitive subjects experienced less mental tension. The results were long-lasting, as there is no drug dependency after taking homeopathy.
Treatment at Dr Batra’s™ involves the following steps:
- Conduct hair analysis through video microscopy to:
- diagnose correctly;
- differentiate from other types of hair loss;
- examine scalp damage.
- Take a multi-factorial approach for psycho-somatic illnesses.
- Understand stress factors, namely:
- Correct deep-seated mental insecurities, namely:
- suppressed anger.
- Design individualised treatment plan.
- Prescribe natural medicines to:
- reduce the urge to pull;
- regulate mood swings;
- treat associated complaints.
- Help cope with stress.
- Help improve self-esteem.
- Help attain emotional stability.
- Reduce chances of recurrence.