Foods to eat and avoid if you are suffering from piles
Piles or Haemorrhoids are abnormally inflamed or engorged blood vessels in the anus. It causes great pain and discomfort to the sufferer.
Types of Piles:
- Internal Piles: It cannot be felt as it occurs in the anal canal. When the disorder progresses, the piles protrude
- External piles: The swelling can be felt around the anal canal
Grades of Piles
- First grade piles develops inside the anal canal or the rectum
- Second grade piles are protrusions from the anus, they return inwards on their own
- Third grade piles is similar to second grade piles, but protrusion needs to be pushed back manually
- Fourth grade piles is protrusion that hangs outside of the anal canal
- Pain is the most common symptom in external piles. This can get worse while straining to pass stools. Pain can be accompanies with burning before, during or after passing stools in some cases.
- There may also be discharge of mucous with itching around the anal orifice.
- Chronic Constipation: when one is constipated, one tends to exert pressure to empty the bowels. Slowly, the pressure affects the blood vessels in and around the anus. This may lead to piles.
- Bleeding: Fresh blood from the anus is one of the earliest symptoms of piles. Bleeding can occur during, before or after passing stools.
- Unsatisfactory Evacuation: Individuals, who suffer from piles, often feel that they have not been able to evacuate their bowels completely.
Homeopathy treatment for piles
- Homeopathy treatment for piles is a holistic approach
- Treatment of piles with homeopathic medicine help to reduce the intensity and frequency of the complaints
- Piles treatment in homeopathy increases disease free period
- Homeopathic treatment for piles helps to reduce intake of conventional medicines
- It is a natural medicine to Reduce pain • Bleeding • Infection
- Piles treatment in homeopathy could also help to treat underlying diseases such as constipation, fissure, and fistula
- Piles treatment in homeopathy helps to decrease recurrence of piles
- Homeopathy is a non invasive and painless way of treating piles
- Grade 1 and 2 piles can be significantly helped with homeopathy. In Grade 3 piles, symptoms can be relieved by homoeopathy but cannot be completely treated. In Grade 4 piles. There would be symptomatic relief with homoeopathy. Surgery may be considered, if symptoms are unbearable and persistent.
Do It Yourself
- A high fiber diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains (or fiber supplements) can prevent constipation and thus also hemorrhoids to develop. The fiber will help keep the bowel movements regular and the fluid will keep them softer so they are easier to pass without straining. Foods rich in fiber are whole grains breads and cereals, beans, brown rice and other grains, nuts and seeds, fruits and vegetables fresh or lightly cooked.
- Flax seeds are rich in Omega 3 and easy to add to your daily food.
- Be sure to increase your dietary fiber slowly. Sudden increase in fiber may cause diarrhea, bloating, intestinal gas, or other discomfort. So if you are frequently constipated, have a high fiber diet and plenty of fluids.
- Drink lots of fluid, at least 8 glasses each day. Drinking fluids results in softer, bulkier stools. A softer stool makes emptying the bowels easier and lessens the pressure on hemorrhoids caused by straining. Eliminating straining also helps prevent the hemorrhoids from protruding.
- Avoid highly refined foods like white rice, white bread, pastries, cakes, etc.
- Alcohol should also be avoided as it can contribute to small, dry stools.
- Avoid acid-forming foods such as sugar, animal protein, dairy, and caffeine-containing food and beverages.