Leucorrhoea - Causes and Treatment
White discharge at the start or end of your menstrual cycle is a normal physiological phenomenon. However, if the discharge is followed by itching and if it has a thick consistency like a cottage cheese it could mean there is a yeast infection. A milky white discharge can be anything from normal to an infection depending on if there is any other symptom such as itching, odor, or pelvic pain. If there are any of these other symptoms, it could be a sign of bacterial vaginosis or a sexually transmitted infection. So if you are suffering from any such type of discharge then contact our expert team of doctors for best natural treatment.
Homeopathic Treatment for Discharges
- Homeopathy being an individualistic science tries to find an individual remedy for each case. Different females suffering from Leucorrhoea (White Discharge) present with different symptoms regarding the character, localization, extension, and severity. Also varying are the accompanying symptoms like a backache, itching & burning in the genital region etc.
- Some females will have complaints much before menses while others are worse only during menses. The character of leucorrhoea, its color, the presence of blood, the underlying cause like fibroids, cysts, endometriosis etc differentiate one case from another.
- From the treatment's point of view, it is better to make it normal than to stop it because physiologically it is important. If it is stopped completely, vaginal dryness may result which may cause pain & distress during sexual activity.
- Also, if it is not treated properly, it may often recur and sometimes it can be infected and become persistent. Always take treatment for 2-3 cycles of periods to analyze it. So, do not stop treatment as soon as symptoms disappear and periods become normal. So take least 3-4 month treatment.
- In Homeopathy, we boost the immune system which plays a very important role in the natural elimination of disease organism or the disease itself and also in prevention. Homeopathic prescriptions are based on the nature and time of the discharge and also depend upon the patient’s constitution.
- The treatment can give permanent relief to recurrent leucorrhoea.
Self Help Tips
- Wash genitals every day with mild soap
- Wear clean undergarments every day. Always wear cotton underwear to avoid moisture
- Avoid wearing synthetic or nylon garments which retain dampness in the groins
- Abstain from sexual intercourse during heavy discharges and during the process of healing to avoid irritation of tissues
- Please avoid Sprays, deodorants, and strong perfumed soap and bath products
- Avoid Stress since it may affect the hormonal level and may increase secretions
- Don’t Share towels and garments
- Eat a nutritious diet, especially food rich in vitamins A, B, C, and E, magnesium, and zinc, to improve general health.
- Drink plenty of water and juices to avoid urinary tract infection and its spread to the vagina or cervix.