Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) - Causes, Symptoms, and Homeopathy Treatment
PCOD or (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) is a medical condition in which a woman's ovaries frequently generate immature or partially mature eggs, which eventually develop into ovarian cysts. The outcome is an increase in androgen production from the ovaries, which can cause irregular menstrual cycles, hair loss, and abnormal weight gain. Dietary changes and lifestyle adjustments can help with PCOD management.
According to National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), nearly 10% of women worldwide experience PCOD. Women skip their menstrual cycles as a result of this hormonal imbalance, which also makes it more difficult for women to conceive.
Although the exact cause of PCOS in women is unknown, the following are some key contributing factors:
- Insulin Resistance: The body may produce more androgen, a male hormone that women have very little of, which might interfere with ovulation.
- Extra androgen production: The ovaries produce excessive amounts of androgen hormones, which can cause hirsutism and acne (hair growth on the face and body)
- Low-grade inflammation: According to a new study, women with PCOS have low-grade inflammation that increases androgen production and can result in problems with the heart or blood arteries.
- Hereditary: Women with PCOS have distinct genetic correlations in terms of heredity.
PCOS symptoms and signs frequently appear around the time of menstruation. PCOS can occasionally appear later, for instance in reaction to significant weight gain.
- Facial or Body Hair Growth
- Irregular Periods
- Severe Hair Loss or Pattern Baldness
- Weight Gain
- Pelvic Pain
- Heavy Bleeding
- Severe Acne
- Skin Darkening
- Difficulty to conceive
The diagnosis of polycystic ovarian syndrome cannot be made by a single test. The doctor starts by reviewing the patient's medical history before performing a physical examination and another test to determine whether the patient has PCOS.
- A doctor will review every aspect of your health, including weight gain, period regularity, and reproduction.check for symptoms such as odd hair growth, acne, or other alterations
- To measure the size of the ovaries and, the doctor will conduct a pelvic examination.
- To diagnose PCOS or PCOD, the size and form of the ovaries, an ultrasound (USG) is also recommended.
- Blood tests that assess insulin, glucose, and hormone levels may also be requested.
PCOS Homeopathy Treatment
According to the European Network of Homeopathic Researchers, 83% of participants in clinical research on PCOS-affected women in Europe no longer showed any signs of PCOD. They also had normal ovulating follicles after getting PCOS treatment in homeopathy
The goal of PCOS homeopathy treatment is to improve fertility and regulate menstruation to offer long-term relief. Homeopathic treatments for PCOS also ease the symptoms of its side effects, such as acne, weight gain, or unwanted hair growth. Ovarian cysts can be successfully treated with homeopathy, which also eliminates the need for surgery.
PCOS can have a substantial effect on a person's quality of life. It may lead to stress, exhaustion, or the inability to work effectively. PCOS treatment in homeopathy aid in raising a person's level of well-being and quality of life. Homeopathic PCOS treatment aids in averting future medical issues like diabetes and obesity.
Why Dr Batra’s®
At Dr Batra's®, we have treated more than 15 lakh patients over 35 years, for various health conditions including PCOS. Homeopathy treatment for PCOS is safe, all-natural, and offers patients long-lasting relief.
Our Homeopathic Doctors conduct an in-depth consultation with the patients to understand the condition and treat it from the root cause with the medical science of homeopathy, then create a personalized PCOS homeopathy treatment including homeopathic medicine for PCOS which treats the underlying issue of the condition and helps to improve overall wellness and the quality of life of the patient.
19-year old Natasha visited Dr Batra’s Homeopathy clinic complaining of weight gain and irregular menses. She weighed over 100 kg and used to get her periods once in 3-5 months. To know more about how Natasha regularized her periods and lost weight, read her complete story here
- What can be done to improve PCOS women's chances of getting pregnant?
The process of ovulation that is successful leads to pregnancy. Losing weight frequently aids in regulating the menstrual cycle, which results in successful ovulation. This can improve a woman with PCOS's chances of getting pregnant, combined with vitamin and antioxidant supplements and a diet high in these nutrients.
- What impact might losing weight have on PCOS women?
Even a modest weight loss of 4-6 kg improves the regularity of the menstrual cycle. Weight loss frequently controls the menstrual cycle on its own. Additionally, it has been discovered that losing weight reduces symptoms like increased hair growth and acne, as well as cholesterol and insulin levels.
- Does PCOS have a treatment option?
Yes. Homeopathy works wonders in PCOS. According to the European Network of Homeopathic Researchers, 83% of participants in clinical research on PCOS-affected women in Europe no longer showed any signs of the condition. They also had normal ovulating follicles after getting homeopathy PCOS treatment.
- Is PCOS an endocrinological or gynecological condition?
PCOS is frequently misdiagnosed as a gynecological condition because so many of the symptoms affect a woman's reproductive system. However, it is an endocrine system condition that affects hormones and hormone production.
Thus, the diagnosis should be verified by an expert in the endocrine system, such as a reproductive endocrinologist.