Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - Overview
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that commonly results from cysts in the ovaries. This leads to the ovaries failing to release eggs regularly giving rise to irregular periods.
While the exact cause of PCOS is not known, obesity, lack of physical activity and a family history might increase its risk multifold. If left untreated, PCOS can cause other chronic ailments like type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, and also lead to higher incidence of miscarriages, preterm deliveries and stillbirths.
The most common symptoms of male pattern baldness are:
- Absent, infrequent and/or irregular menstrual periods
- Weight gain or obesity, usually with extra weight around the waist
- Elevated levels of male hormones androgens leading to excess facial and body hair, and occasionally severe acne
- Hair loss
- Infertility Read More
Though the exact PCOS causes are not known, factors that might contribute to increasing your risk of having it are:
- Hormonal imbalance (excess androgens produced)
- Excess insulin produced might increase androgen production causing difficulty with ovulation
- Heredity Read More
Can Polycystic Ovary Syndrome be prevented?
If polycystic ovary syndrome runs in your family, all females in their reproductive age are recommended to get a genetic test done. With this, we can predict it years before it actually occurs with Geno Homeopathy. It is carried out through a simple saliva test that helps us predict the probability of getting polycystic ovary syndrome. It reduces your chances of getting polycystic ovaries through preventive medicine, appropriate PCOS diet and lifestyle changes. Since Geno Homeopathy is based on your individualized genetic predisposition, it is, therefore, the most individualized and customized PCOS treatment in homeopathy.
Snapshot of a genetic test report for PCOS ~
Homeopathic treatment for Polycystic ovary syndrome
There are 6 advantages of PCOS treatment in homeopathy
- Homeopathy corrects the hormonal imbalance naturally.
- Homeopathic medicines for PCOS treat the illness without any side-effects.
- Since hormonal imbalance is the primary PCOS cause, homeopathy corrects it from the root.
- It regularizes the ovulation and restores the menstrual cycle.
- Since PCOS symptoms differ from person to person - may it be of heavy bleeding or irregular periods - homeopathy finds a personalized remedy that is best suited for you.
- Hormonal imbalances can be stressful and may give rise to mood swings. These can be corrected through PCOS homeopathy treatment.
- It helps to manage associated complaints like acne, weight gain, hair loss, and infertility Read More
19-year old Natasha visited Dr Batra’s Homeopathy clinic complaining of weight gain and irregular menses. She weighed over 100 kg and used to get her periods once in 3-5 months. To know more about how Natasha regularized her periods and lost weight, read her complete story on the-young-girl-lost-her-pcos-problem-and-weight-too
- What tests are recommended for PCOS diagnosis?
If PCOS is suspected, your doctor will recommend a PCOS test - an ultrasound of the uterus, ovaries and the pelvis to know if there are any ovarian cysts. A trans-vaginal ultrasound is a safe and painless PCOS test performed on women who have been sexually active. Else, an abdominal scan is done where the ovaries are viewed from the outside through the stomach wall.
Blood tests are used to assess the levels of androgens (male hormones) in your body. Tests may also be done to assess the levels of other reproductive hormones that may affect your menstruation like oestrogen, follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinising hormone (LH).
- Can weight loss help women treat ovarian cysts? How to lose weight with PCOS?
Weight loss often regulates the menstrual cycle and even a small loss of 4-6 kg can be helpful in making the menstrual cycle more regular. Weight loss also addresses the associated PCOS symptoms such as acne, facial hair growth, hair loss, or diabetes. For weight loss, you can make some healthy changes in your lifestyle like eating low-carb high-fiber foods, exercise for at least 15-20 minutes day, and de-stress yourself by doing activities you like (breathing exercises, yoga, listening to music, dance, and swimming). If symptoms persist, consult a professional homeopath for PCOS treatment.
- I have PCOS. Can I still have a baby?
PCOS is a common hormonal condition in women. Women with PCOS can struggle to become pregnant and are at higher risk of developing complications during pregnancy. However, by managing your PCOS symptoms, you can become pregnant and have a healthy baby. You can take help of homeopathy treatment for PCOS. It corrects your hormonal imbalance from the root. Homeopathic medicines help regularizing your menstrual cycle naturally, that too without any side-effects. It also takes care of your overall well-being so that your chances of conception get increased.
- My daughter is suffering from PCOS and she is taking allopathic treatment for it. Every time she stops the medication, her periods become irregular. We are keen to avoid allopathic treatment now. How to treat PCOS naturally? Can you suggest?
You can take homeopathy treatment for PCOS. It can treat your daughter’s PCOS condition effectively. Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine that corrects the root cause of PCOS naturally. It corrects the hormonal imbalance and brings about harmony, without the risk of side-effects. It also helps to avoid the use of surgical procedures, while bringing about regularization of menstrual cycles, while increasing the chances of conception. In addition, homeopathy also helps to treat associated PCOS symptoms like acne, hair loss, and skin tags. Read More