Know which foods help Psoriasis get better….
Eating right is an integral part of treatment for any disease. Medicines and correct diet go hand in hand. Treatment progress can be faster if we consume the right foods in a diseased state. Immune system would get back to normalcy faster when we feed it with foods which help to re-build it.
An insight into foods which are very useful for Psoriasis
- Fish oil or primrose oil interferes with the production and storage of arachidonic acid (AA), a natural inflammatory substance that makes the lesions of psoriasis turn red and swells.
- Flax Seeds, Sesame, Sunflower seeds - Contains Omega 3 fatty acid which dampen down the factors that can trigger disease
- Carrots, Apricots, Mangoes, Green leafy vegetables, broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts contain Vitamin C, Beta Carotene, Folic acid and other antioxidants which improve the strength of the immune system.
- Shell Fish and Whole Grain Food is Rich in Zinc. Zinc loss is high in psoriasis patients
- Almonds, walnut and olive oil - Contains protective "good fats" and photochemical
- Eat a 50% raw food diet. Oils made from sesame seeds, flaxseed, or soybeans are important.
- Eat more green leafy vegetables
- Drink much more water
- Proteins in the form of beans and legumes should be consumed to battle the protein loss caused by shedding skin.
Foods which aggravate Psoriasis
- Rye, Barley, Wheat as some psoriatic patients have positive antibody and may be sensitive to gluten in wheat, rye etc.
- Avoid red meat and dairy products (in limitation) because they contain Arachidonic Acid.
- Eat fewer tomatoes and reduce all acidic foods as they trigger Psoriasis.
- Stop consumption of alcohol and caffeine.
Avoid foods containing salts and sodium such as MSG as it can irritate the intestinal tract and perpetuate psoriasis outbreaks.