Atopic Dermatitis & Homeopathy
Homeopathy assesses each child as unique - and, treats them individually based on their distinctive or characteristic symptoms.
"As much as I tried to be like my fellow classmates in the school and wanted to play with them, my skin always stood out! It made many of them just avoid touching me even accidently while playing. The only thing I did after that was… I hid - I hid from the world. I stopped playing outdoors. I wanted to even stop going to school but I had to go," said little Mayra, who had visited our homeopathic clinic with her parents for treatment.
What was it that depressed this little 8-year old girl so much so that she wanted to hide herself from the entire world? It was her skin. She suffered from a condition called atopic dermatitis. Does your child suffer from it too? If yes, click below link to book an appintment online to help your child treat it.
What is Atopic dermatitis?
Atopic dermatitis is one of the most common chronic skin conditions affecting infants and children. It is also referred to as eczema and affects almost 20% of children globally. Atopic dermatitis is characterised by dry and itchy skin. In some cases, skin becomes red, tender and discharge occurs in affected areas when scratched. In some long-standing chronic cases, the skin turns dry and can develop thick flakes.
Does atopic dermatitis disappear on its own? No it doesn't. It needs treatment. Atopic dermatitis not only affects skin of the child but also his self-esteem and confidence. It affects their social interaction as well leading to even depression in some children. So, do not ignore or delay treatment. Treat it with safe and natural homeopathic remedies. Homeopathy treats children without any side-effects. To book an appointment with our expert homeopathic dermatologist click here.
Studies have supported homeopathic efficacy in treatment of atopic dermatitis. Children had shown significant reduction in the severity of dermatitis and were able to reduce their conventional drugs when treated with homeopathic medicines (A Prospective Observational Study Charitè University Medical Center – 2008).
Homeopathy recognises every child as a unique entity and, unlike the conventional approach that treats all childhood medical conditions similarly with same medicines, homeopathy understands that what causes the eczematic distress in one child, may not be the reason for another child’s seemingly similar condition.
Homeopathy assesses each child and treats him/her individually, based on their unique, characteristic presenting and latent symptoms.
A six-year study of patient outcomes at the Bristol Homeopathic Hospital, UK, found that 82 per cent of eczema patients under age 16 said they felt either 'better' or 'much better' with homeopathic treatment.
Homeopathy benefits for atopic dermatitis are as below:
- Natural medicines that treat without side-effects
- Reduce intensity, frequency and duration of the complaints
- Reduce itching, redness and dryness
- Limit spread of the disease
- Reduce flare up
- Reduce crankiness, irritability and sleeplessness caused by itching
- Understand the root cause of the problem and identify the mental triggers such as:
- Conflicts - fights between parents or family
- New school, new residence
- Arrival of a new child in the family.
It takes care of such emotional and psychological triggers, thereby providing holistic treatment.
It also corrects sensitivity to allergens such as:
- Gluten (protein)
- Change of weather
- Encourage your child to wear cotton clothing. Avoid clothes and even bed covers made of synthetics, wool and other materials with rough texture, as these can irritate your child's skin
- Try to maintain an even temperature in your room, as rapid temperature changes can cause itching
- Hot baths can trigger itching as well; tepid water would be better
- Keep your child's fingernails short to help prevent damage to the child's skin caused by scratching.
Avoid any known triggers that you, as parents, feel can aggravate your child's eczema.