How to reduce hair loss: 7 easy ways!
Having a bad hair fall is like the worst nightmare for many of us. We try a lot of home treatments first and when it still does not come under control then we rush to a doctor. We generally overlook the minor things which could accelerate hairfall.
Following are the reasons which accelerate hairfall and should be avoided so that it would be easy for you to reduce your hairfall:
- Hot Steamy Showers: Hot showers dehydrate strands leading to dry; brittle hair that’s more prone to fall. Not only the hair’s protective oils are washed out but your scalp starts producing more oil to keep up with its moisture which can damage the root and lead to additional shedding of hair. So always wash hair with tap water or lukewarm water.
- Using Hot Tools for Hair Styling: Scorching temperature damages the proteins that make up your hair and its protective cuticle. So, limit the usage of these hot tools and for that purpose even a blow dryer should be used on the cool setting mode.
- Mishandling of Wet Hair: When our hair is saturated with water it is the most fragile and prone to breakage. Combing hair or brushing hair immediately post shower or rubbing it aggressively i.e. towel drying are enough to storm up the shedding of hair.
- Tight Hairstyles: Excessive tension on the hair follicles caused due to tight ponytails or braids, can lead to traction alopecia. This is a condition that permanently weakens the follicle and makes it impossible for hair to grow.
- Using Hair Styling Products for Long Lasting Looks: Hair sprays and hair gels that claim all day holding hair in style are actually making your hair weak. These products usually contain high amount of alcohol which make hair dry and brittle. Hence the hair breaks and falls out.
- Crash Dieting : Starving yourself forces the body to direct its energy towards more essential functions like helping to safeguard the heart and brain rather than making hair. So eat a healthy diet with plenty of leans proteins like beans, lentils, fruits, fish and chicken. It will keep your weight under control as well as your hair nourished.
- Scalp Sun Bathing : While sun bathing or keeping your scalp exposed to the sun most part of the day, it can eat away the strength and elasticity of your hair. Prolonged exposure to UV rays can cause the cuticle to weaken and break, resulting in brittle hair that can lead to hair loss.
There are many hair loss solutions available in the market. But the basic hair care is hugely neglected. Apart from the above mentioned reasons our daily diet makes a huge contribution for our overall health as well as our hair health. So incorporate good amounts of fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts in your diet for strong, healthy and shiny tresses.