Homeopathy for food allergies
Imagine that you are living with food allergies. You can't enjoy many of your favourite foods because they could be harmful to you or even cause anaphylactic shock. There are many ways to eliminate these allergies. But homeopathy is one of the most effective and least invasive treatments for food allergies. Homeopathic remedies stimulate the body's natural healing process. These strengthen your immune system so it's less likely to have allergic reactions in the future.
Causes of food allergies
Let's find out in detail what causes food allergies:
1. Allergies to pollen (such as hay fever) and mould spores (such as the nasal symptoms of allergic rhinitis) are common in patients with food allergies.
2. A food allergy happens when the body's immune system wrongly believes that food or substance (like peanuts) causes harm and creates antibodies against it. The immune system tries to fight off the "invader," causing allergic symptoms each time you eat or handle the food.
Symptoms of food allergies
- Skin problems - like hives, eczema, rashes;
- Breathing problems such as asthma;
- Digestive issues such as stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhoea;
- Nose and throat problems such as congestion, sneezing, and a runny nose;
- Behavioural changes like irritability or hyperactivity (in children).
What triggers food allergies?
A single ingredient isn’t always the culprit for food allergies. It might be a combination of different ingredients. Some common triggers are:
- Milk and dairy products - such as cheese, yogurt, and ice cream;
- Eggs - including albumin in egg whites;
- Peanuts - which come from a legume (not a proper nut);
- Tree nuts - such as walnuts, Brazil nuts, and almonds;
- Seeds - such as sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds;
- Fish and shellfish - such as tuna fish, shrimp, or lobster.
How is homeopathic treatment effective to treat food allergies?
Homeopathic treatment for food allergies is very effective and safe. It relieves your allergy symptoms and improves overall well-being. Homeopathic remedies stimulate your body's healing response. This helps to enhance food absorption and reduces inflammation in the gut. It also helps to strengthen your immune system.
What are the advantages of homeopathic treatment for food allergies?
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic medicines act according to individual needs. Homeopathy will not aggravate allergies. It provides long-term results.
How long does it take to treat food allergies with homeopathic treatment?
The length of treatment depends on several factors such as the severity of the disease, age, overall health, etc. Generally, you will notice some improvement after two weeks; the best results are within one month.
How to find the best homeopathic treatment for food allergies?
It is always advisable to take proper treatment from a qualified homeopathic practitioner. You can consult a homeopathic doctor at Dr Batra's® before you start taking any medication for food allergies. Self-medication can be dangerous and can aggravate symptoms. We use individualized remedies to bring your body back in balance. We can reduce your need for medications such as antihistamines or epinephrine. Your doctor will advise you on how much medicine is suitable for you based on your condition and the severity of each case.
Get your allergy score with the Dr Batra's® Allergone test and find out what you can eat without fear of getting sick. Find the best way to avoid triggers that cause reactions in food allergic people with the help of our expert homeopathic doctor!
Book an appointment now for a detailed consultation.