Conventional HRT v/s Homeopathic Medicine for Hypothyroid
A significant percentage of hypothyroid patients treated with synthetic thyroid hormone medications report dissatisfaction with their treatment because of the persistence of their symptoms. Although many patients do respond well to treatment with synthetic conventional medicine, though there are known side-effects of the same like fatigue, hair loss, brain fog, decreased memory, attention deficit disorder, constipation, and depression still persist in a significant percentage of patients.
What is the problem?
The major problem is that the majority of doctors have been taught to use TSH levels exclusively in the diagnosis of hypothyroidism and in the management of thyroid medication dosage. They only look at laboratory results and do not pay attention to a patient’s symptoms. This often results in physicians dismissing many symptomatic patients because their TSH levels are “normal”.
The reality is that patients having TSH levels in the “normal” range suffer from the same symptoms that are seen in patients who have high TSH levels. The inescapable conclusion is that TSH levels should not be the only criteria used for the diagnosis and treatment of hypothyroidism. In addition, the modest rate of symptomatic improvement with synthetic T4 treatment also suggests that another form for thyroid medication may be more effective in providing symptomatic relief. Perhaps a return to a more natural treatment would help the way of diagnosing and treating hypothyroidism.
Thyroid diseases are treated generally through HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) by a conventional school of medicine. At least 1% of people taking conventional medicine have reported side-effects of the same. Following are the known side-effects of HRT.
- Minor side-effects include symptoms like abdominal cramps, diarrhea, headache, heat intolerance, sleep difficulties, sweating and weight loss.
- Major side-effects include symptoms like confusion, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeat, feeling faint, mood swings, muscle weakness, nervousness, psychosis, restlessness, tremors, chest pain, shortness of breath, pain in shoulders, neck, and jaw which require immediate medical attention.
Getting yourself treated with homeopathic medicine would be very helpful as homeopathic medicines are free from side-effects.
Healing with Homoeopathy
- Homeopathy helps to produce thyroid hormone naturally by stimulating the immune system and helps in better functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Homeopathic remedies work by stimulating the body’s own healing capacity by encouraging the body to reactivate hormone secretions.
- Homeopathy is free from any side-effects.
- Stress causes hormonal disturbances in the body like thyroid problems and is very effectively treated with homeopathy.
- Homeopathy is a mind-body medicine. Homeopathy treats not only the physical complaints but also targets the mind and gently restores mind-body equilibrium- thus it treats the patient as a whole.
- If a patient is taking conventional medicine for hypothyroid, they can continue taking the medicine with homeopathic medicine.
- Slowly and steadily when the thyroid hormones come to normalcy the conventional medicine can be tapered off and the person can continue with homeopathy to avoid recurrence.