What is the reason for losing so much Hair?
This question keeps ringing in our minds all the time when we wake up to a pillow full of hair. Our maids too are worried all the time that they are sweeping more hair fallen on the floor than dust. We like their humble concern for us but it sets a fright within us that if this is the way we are losing hair we will become bald sooner.
Reasons of Excessive Hairloss…
- Hair loss could be more after 3-4 months of an illness or a major surgery. You may suddenly lose a large amount of hair. Timely intervention with a treatment having no side-effects could save a lot of hair.
- Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid is overactive or underactive, your hair may fall out. This hair loss usually can be helped by treatment of the underlying thyroid disease.
- Hairloss occurs in males and females when androgens (male hormone) and oestrogen (female hormone) are out of balance.
- Certain conventional medicines cause hair loss. Conventional medicines that can cause hair loss include blood thinners, thyroid medicines, anti-hypertensive, anti-diabetics, birth control pills, anti-depressants. Stopping some of these medicines would not be possible but a natural treatment like homoeopathy could help to slow down the pace of hair loss.
- Certain infections can cause hair loss. Fungal infections of the scalp can cause hair loss.
- Smoking causes hairloss. It makes the hair follicle very weak and progressively the hair dies off. It can also cause pre-mature greying of hair.
- Person suffering from cancer and undergoing chemotherapy experience sudden loss of hair. This happens because chemotherapy targets rapidly growing cancer cells and hair being the fastest growing tissue also gets destroyed. It would take 6 to 12 months to get complete hair re-growth.
- Scalp psoriasis leads to excessive hair loss because of itching and flaking of the scalp skin.
- Nutritional deficiencies caused by inadequate intake to nutritious foods cause massive hair loss. Micronutrients like Zinc, Selenium and Iron are important for the normal growth of hair and any deficiency in these can cause hairfall. Adequate dietary intake can help to stop excessive hairloss and if very low levels found in blood test may require vitamin supplementations under the guidance of a doctor.
- Hair loss is seen post pregnancy or delivery because there are changes in hormones that occur during these phases. But when it continues for more than 6 months then it is a matter of concern.
How Does Homoeopathy help in Excessive Hairloss?
Consult your homoeopathic doctor if you are going through a tough time with your hair. Homoeopathic treatment is the best for any scalp or hair problems.
Homeopathy is free from any side-effects.
Hair lotions available in market to control hair loss are very high in chemicals and can cause a chemical burns on the scalp skin leading to permanent hairloss and scars in the affected areas. Homoeopathy has no such side-effects as the medicines are oral medicines.
Homoeopathy is a holistic medicine and treats the patient as well as the disease. Hair loss and iron-deficiency anemia can be treated with Homoeopathy without having 10 different medicines unlike conventional medicines.
Homoeopathy is a mind-body medicine. Homoeopathy treats not only the physical complaints, but also targets the mind and gently restores mind-body equilibrium- thus it treats the patient as a whole. This makes homoeopathy an excellent solution for hair problems related to the mind such as stress induced massive hair shedding.