Things you can do to stop hair fall naturally
Most of us do not want to lose a single strand of hair. Hair does not only make up for our physical appearance but many of us are also very emotional about our hair. The very thought of hair loss is very scary especially to those individuals who love their hair a lot and are very conscious about their physical appearance. Hair loss can be treated and prevented by using chemical-laden products available in the market but it is highly recommended to use natural remedies. Natural remedies are very effective in treating hair loss and the results are long-term as compared to short term results seen by using chemical-laden products.
Natural Hair loss solutions:
- Rule out the cause of hairfall: Hairfall can be due to various reasons like iron deficiency anaemia, thyroid disease, frequent use of chemicals ob scalp, diabetes, etc. Consult a specialist and know the cause which has triggered hairfall. You will know whether your hairloss is temporary or permanent.
- Check what type of dandruff it is: You may think it is just dandruff but it could be scalp disease like scalp psoriasis or seborrhoeic dermatitis. If not then you are safe but still need to treat the dandruff. Hair wash with a mild, natural anti-dandruff shampoo, and a dab of olive oil, would be helpful to maintain healthy, natural hair.
- Take care of your nutrition: Drink adequate water daily to beat dehydration. Coconut water is very relieving and good for your hair. Eat a lot of seasonal fruits as they have all essential nutrients for the season. Incorporate proteins in the form of sprouts, beans, legumes in your eating regimen. This is the wholesome nourishment for your body and also for the ‘soul’ of your hair.
- Use a natural shampoo: Choose a shampoo that has natural active ingredients with minimal lather as it helps to minimize drying of hair. Apply a natural conditioner after every hair wash to combat loss of moisture of the hair.
- Work upon the stress in your life: The effect of stress on hairloss has been known for a long time. While it is natural to lose about 50-100 strands of hair each day, there is no reason for us to worry when our hair seems thin or it falls more than usual or falls in clumps or small bald patches appear. When this happens you think of stress as a factor affecting your health and in turn your hair. Stress triggered hairloss is generally short-term or temporary. Once the stress factor is reduced, there is often re-growth, although the process can take up to six months or more, provided no stressor exists. Chronic stress can cause substantial damage to your hair sometimes leading to permanent baldness.
Homeopathy treatment for hair loss
- Homeopathic medicines show good long term response in male and female patterned baldness.
- Homeopathy treatment for hair loss is free from any side-effects. Not only do homeopathic medicines reduce hairloss but they also protect the body from harmful side-effects (such as decreased libido, ejaculation problems) that are common with conventional drugs.
- Homeopathy is a holistic medicine and treats the patient as well as the pathology. Hence thyroid, PCOS can be simultaneously treated in homeopathy without having 10 different medicines unlike conventional medicines.
- Stress is a common cause hairloss and it can be treated very effectively with homeopathy.
- Homeopathy treats not only all physical complaints, but also targets the mind and gently restores mind-body equilibrium - thus it treats the patient as a whole.
- Homeopathy has remedies such as Thuja Occidentalis and Sabal Serrulata which have been very effective in treating hair loss. These two homeopathic medicines are cited with natural DHT- inhibitor action i.e. they control hairloss caused by DHT without side-effects.
- Hair lotions available in market to control hair loss are very high in chemicals and can cause a chemical burns on the scalp skin leading to permanent hairloss and scars in the affected areas. Homeopathy has no such side-effects as the medicines are oral medicines.