Say 'No' To Tobacco With Homeopathy
The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that smoking leads to nearly 3 million deaths across the globe, every year. While everyone talks about the dangers of tobacco use, for most smokers kicking the habit for the good is a challenge. To quit smoking successfully, one needs more than just a 'to-do-come-what-may' strategy, tons of patience, and psychosocial support.
What happens when you smoke?
The walls of our airway (windpipe) secrete mucous. This keeps the air moist and warm. The surface of the walls is lined with tiny hair; these move like grass on a meadow. They help to 'stir' dust and foreign bodies away from the lungs to be coughed or sneezed out of the airway. In smokers, the 'hair filter' becomes paralysed by nicotine — as a result, the particles remain in the lungs. This creates the fertile 'soil' for viruses and bacteria to cause infection and produce excessive amounts of mucous and, subsequently, smoker's cough.
Also Read: 10 Ways Smoking Ruins Your Looks
What happens when you try to quit smoking?
Tobacco is a powerfully habit-forming substance — the smoker promptly develops a tolerance for its addictive chemical, nicotine. Like any other addiction, therefore, users experience withdrawal symptoms — sometimes severe — when they try or stop using nicotine. This includes sleeplessness, irritability, anxiety, and depression. This is the bugbear for any remedial measure and/or intervention too.
Here's how homeopathy can help you quit smoking, safely and effectively
Homeopathy can help increase one's will power, ease and help 'beat' one's craving for nicotine and also relieve withdrawal symptoms, safely and effectively — without the dangerous side-effects of anti-smoking conventional medications, or nicotine patches, or other popular smoking deterrents. What's more, most conventional anti-smoking interventions have been linked with difficulty in breathing, cold sweat, fainting, flushing, sleep disorders, heart palpitations, and visual disturbances.
Also Read: Is smoking a reason for hair loss in men?
The unique benefit that homeopathy medicine for tobacco addiction provides is that they strengthen the person's overall mindset and constitution. They not only help in reducing the physical addiction to tobacco but also help in maintaining emotional stability. With continuous medication, individuals will feel less obsessed with what smoking represents to them.
Besides, homeopathy is keyed to the individualised, personalised, or customised approach, where a remedy is selected on the basis of one’s personality, temperament, sensitivities, sensibilities, and idiosyncrasies — to reinforcing one physically, emotionally and psychologically, while helping them to tide over the smoking habit for the good.
Few examples of homeopathy medicine for tobacco addiction:
- Tabacum - This remedy is primarily 'homeopathic' tobacco. It is, in other words, 'diluted', or 'micro-dosaged' tobacco. It relates to the 'likes cure likes' principle — the motto of homeopathy — what can cause can cure, and vice versa. It, therefore, reduces the craving for nicotine.
- Caladium - This homeopathic remedy along with Tabacum is most often used to 'kick' the tobacco habit. This remedy 'destroys' the yearning for tobacco.
- Nux Vomica - This homeopathic remedy is used, especially in the 'go-getter' types who are 'over the top' with everything in their lives. They are as much addicted to tobacco as socialising, eating, and binging. It can ease irritability and sleeplessness during tobacco withdrawal too.
- Lobelia Inflata - It is yet another handy homeopathic remedy. It eliminates the craving for nicotine and detoxifies the body from tobacco overuse.
- Plantago - This remedy helps in easing withdrawal symptoms of tobacco.
- Euphorbium – This homeopathy medicine for tobacco addiction helps in detoxifying the mucous membranes and reducing stressed 'withdrawal' breathing.
Also Read: Smoking and diabetes: Risks, effects, and how to quit
All the same, it is imperative that homeopathic de-addiction treatment is sought from a professional homeopathic doctor, given the subtle, yet wacky, nature of tobacco craving and also one's unique individual needs.
You can consult our expert homeopathic doctors for an individualized, safe, and effective de-addiction treatment by booking an appointment online.