Allergic Rhinitis - Types
Mainly, allergic rhinitis or nasal allergy is classified into two categories; viz., seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis: In this, a person is affected by allergy episodes during certain seasons, especially during pollen season.
- Perennial allergic rhinitis: In this, a person experiences allergy episodes intermittently throughout the year.
Each year, patients shed huge amounts of money for doctor’s consultation and medication to treat this chronic ailment. It largely affects an individual’s quality of life, where they experience missed days at work and school along with impaired performance. Early and judicious treatment can save money and offer significant relief from this distressing condition.
Can homeopathy cure allergic rhinitis permanently?
How I cured my allergic rhinitis?
What are the home remedies for allergic rhinitis?
There are several home remedies that can be helpful in treating different types of rhinitis. Home remedies depend on the types of hay fever. If you have seasonal or pollen allergies, you can try using an air conditioner instead of opening your windows.
Using a dehumidifier can help you control your allergies while indoors. An allergy to dust mites is also one of the types of rhinitis; wash your sheets and blankets in hot water. Limiting the use of carpets in your home can also be useful.
How long does allergic rhinitis last?
How do you stop allergies immediately?
- Take a shower and change your clothes to wash away any allergens.
- Keep the windows and doors closed to protect your indoor air
- Wearing a mask can keep allergens from getting into your airways
- A nasal rinse can clean mucus from your nose and whisk away bacteria