Losing hair due to Alopecia- Treat it with Homeopathy
Hair is a 'prerequisite' to us. Isn't it? Having long, shiny hair is every woman's dream. A well-groomed, fulsome hair is a necessity for men. A receding hairline, therefore, not only affects one's physical appearance but undermines self-esteem and confidence.
This is what happens with people suffering from a condition called Alopecia Areata. People lose hair in patches because their immune system mistakenly attacks their own cells i.e. hair follicles and destroys them. This results in hair being lost from the affected area. This unusual response is triggered by a number of factors, such as hormonal or thyroid problems, anaemia, certain drugs, chemicals and stress. To know more about alopecia, click here: Alopecia Overview
Listed here are some facts about alopecia:
- Alopecia areata can affect people of any age - from infancy right up to one's in 80s.
- It can progress rapidly leading to complete loss of scalp hair in a span as short as 15 days, or can limit itself to one small persistent patch throughout a person's life.
- It has phases of remission and relapse even when the individual is on medication. In rare instances, it can relapse 20 years after the first episode.
- In certain cases, hair loss is more extensive. It may sometimes progress to total loss of hair on the head (alopecia areata totalis), or complete loss of hair all over the body (alopecia areata universalis).
- The condition is benign in most cases, but it can cause extreme emotional and psychosocial stress in some affected individuals and stress can further trigger the condition.
The good news is that this autoimmune condition can be treated effectively with homeopathy, especially during the early stages. Homeopathy promotes re-growth of hair, control the progress and spread of bald spots to other regions.
Consult a professional homeopathic doctor to treat alopecia
It is imperative for one to consult a professional homeopathic doctor to treat alopecia from the root. Homeopathic doctors in our clinics are trained in trichology, the scientific study of hair and scalp problems. Having treated more than 6 lakh hair loss patients, our hair specialist understands alopecia areata extremely well. We have achieved a treatment success rate of 96.6% in treating hair loss patients (authenticated by American Quality Assessors). To consult our hair doctor for safe and scientific alopecia areata treatment, you can book an appointment at below link
Our trichologist spend around 45 minutes with you to understand the extent and root cause of alopecia areata followed by a physical examination to check your hair and scalp condition. They may conduct a computerised hair test that magnifies your hair and scalp up to 200 times. It gives our hair specialist an idea of the type of hair loss and scalp condition. Basis on the diagnosis of your condition, our trichologist develop a customized treatment plan comprising of best homeopathic medicine for hair fall, nutritional supplements and aesthetic treatments to yield best results.
Related: Can alopecia areata affect women?
Benefits of taking alopecia treatment in homeopathy
- Safe & Effective: The best part about homeopathic medicine for alopecia is that they are not habit-forming and do not cause any side-effects. Homeopathic treatment also helps prevent relapses of hair loss and impart good health in general.
- Corrects the root cause: Homeopathy does not treat alopecia areata on the surface, or from the outside, alone. It aims to treat the ‘root cause’ of the problem, taking into account the person’s unique nature, their individual symptoms and characteristics, temperament, personality, etc.
- Works at the level of immunity: One of the key reasons why homeopathy works effectively for alopecia is that it targets and corrects the altered immune function of the individual and brings it back to normalcy, over a period of time. Thus, the results are long-lasting, and not superficial.
- Proven efficacy: Homeopathy has a good clinical record in the treatment of alopecia areata. According to an internal study, the recurrence rate of alopecia areata was as low as just 9.1% in patients treated with homeopathy, whereas it was very high at the rate of 50% in patients availing conventional treatment.
Please keep in mind that if your alopecia condition is of recent origin, with a limited spread, the healing response of homeopathic remedies for alopecia will be quick. The bottom line is that the earlier you seek alopecia treatment in homeopathy, better will be the outcome.
With homeopathic treatment, Wilson’s alopecia patches were filled with new, healthy hair.
29-year-old Wilson, a computer professional, presented with alopecia areata to us, which had troubled him for over 3 years. He reported that he was awfully depressed, because no treatment seemed to work for him. Worse still, he said, his 'patchy' hair loss was accompanied by severe itching on the scalp and dandruff. We prescribed him appropriate homeopathic remedies for alopecia based on his overall symptoms. After six months of homeopathic treatment, and regular follow-up, there was a slow, but steady progress in his scalp condition. After a year's time, the 'patches' were replaced with new, healthy hair. Wilson was greatly relieved. In his words, "I am now feeling on top of the world."
- Increase your intake of proteins (soy, oily fish, eggs, chicken), beans and legumes.
- Add whole grains, fruits, dark green vegetables, such as spinach, fenugreek, broccoli, cabbage and raw unprocessed nuts to your regular diet.
- Include pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds - they nourish your hair from its root.
- Keep yourself well-hydrated; drink 2-3 litre of water daily.
- Avoid or reduce your intake of tea, coffee and alcohol.
- Reduce your emotional stress levels with relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation.