Treating Female Pattern Baldness with Homeopathy
Experiencing more than the usual hair loss (approximately 50-100 hair strands a day) is a cause for worry! Hair loss often has a greater impact on women than on men, because it’s less socially acceptable for them. It might severely affect a woman’s emotional well-being and quality of life. The prevalence of female pattern baldness is 6% across all age groups, with a positive family history in 19.2%. (Source: Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology) Two-thirds of post-menopausal women experience thinning hair or bald spots. (Source: Harvard Health)
Causes of female pattern baldness
- Stress: Physical or psychological anxiety causes temporary hair loss. This is because the hair follicles enter the telogen phase early. This stops hair growth and causes hair fall.
- Medical conditions: An overactive and underactive thyroid can cause hair loss. Certain skin conditions like lichen planus and psoriasis can cause an increase in hair fall.
- Inheritance: A family history of baldness can lead to bald headedness in certain people.
- Childbirth: After pregnancy, women might experience hair thinning. This is caused by many hair follicles simultaneously entering the resting (telogen) phase.
- Menopause: After menopause, thinning hair is more obvious. By the age of 50, more than 50% of women experience thinning hair. (Source: AARP)
- Hair styling treatments: Many people change hairstyles with chemical treatments. These include bleaches, dyes, straighteners, and permanent waves. Hair becomes fragile and breaks if these chemicals are used too frequently. Hair might break if the solution is left on for a longer period.
- Deficiency in diet: Anemia is common in women and is a result of iron deficiency. This might cause hair loss in women. Some women who go on low protein diets or have severely irregular eating habits might develop protein deficiency. To help conserve protein, your hair shifts into the resting stage. This results in hair loss. If this happens, huge amounts of hair shedding can occur 2-3 months later.
Symptoms of female pattern baldness
The common symptoms of female pattern hair loss are as follows:
- Severe hair loss
- Low density of hair
- Gradual hair thinning
Female pattern baldness treatment in homeopathy
Homeopathic treatment for female pattern baldness requires obtaining extensive and thorough information from you. A suitable homeopathic medicine will then be prescribed for you, which will give you long-term relief. Homeopathic treatment has a good scope in female pattern baldness treatment. It can help in hair regrowth. Homeopathic medicines galvanize the hair roots to promote regrowth. The major benefit of homeopathic medicines for hair regrowth is the painless treatment and absence of any side-effects.
A 20-year-old woman with female pattern baldness was treated with homeopathy for 3 months. This resulted in almost a 75% improvement according to the patient’s own self-assessment. No adverse effects were reported in this case. (Source: Karger Journal)
Dr Batra’s™ provides the best possible solutions to each patient. Our homeopathic treatment for female pattern hair loss is 100% safe. For any queries related to female pattern baldness and other hair conditions, consult the expert homeopathic doctors by booking an online appointment