Foot Toe Pain Treatment in Homeopathy
Foot and Toe Pain Overview
The feet are flexible structures of muscles, bones, joints and soft tissues that allow us to stand upright and carry out day-to day activities like walking, running and jumping. Muscles, ligaments and tendons run along the surfaces of the feet, allowing for complex movements needed for balance and motion. Foot pain refers to any pain or discomfort in one or more parts of the foot, such as the toes, heels, arches or soles.
Foot Pain Causes
- Achilles Tendinitis: The Achilles tendon connects the heel to the calf muscle and is essential for walking, jumping, running and standing on the toes. Prolonged, intense physical activity, like running and jumping, can cause painful inflammation of the Achilles tendon, known as Achilles Tendinitis. It most commonly occurs in runners who suddenly increase the intensity or duration of their runs. It's also common in middle-aged people who occasionally play sports such as tennis or basketball. Achilles tendon pain typically begins as a mild ache in the back of the leg or above the heel after running or other sports activity. Episodes of severe pain may occur after prolonged running, stair climbing or sprinting. You might also experience sore Achilles tendon in the morning.
- Calcaneal Spur: Also known as Heel Spur, it is a bony outgrowth that develops around the heel bone. Heel Spurs occur when calcium deposits build up on the underside of the heel bone. It is generally caused due to excess strain on the muscles and ligaments of the foot, stretching of the plantar fascia (ligament connecting the heel bone to the toes) and repeated tearing of the membrane that covers the heel bone. Heel Spurs are especially common among athletes involved in prolonged running and jumping activities. Heel Spurs can be associated with intermittent or chronic pain, especially while walking, running or jogging. A study published in the International Journal of Research in Orthopaedics found that the incidence of Calcaneal Spur (Heel Spur) in the Indian population with heel pain is 59%.
- Gout:It is a form of Arthritis characterized by sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness, tenderness and swelling in joints. It is caused due to a build-up of uric acid crystals. This build-up usually affects the feet. Gout in foot causes inflammation, pain and swelling in the joints of the foot.
- Bursitis:The bursa is a small, fluid-filled sac that cushions and lubricates the joints and bones in the body. The foot has one natural bursa. When the bursa becomes inflamed, it causes pain, swelling and redness. Achilles Bursitis is a common condition among athletes.
- Peripheral Neuropathy:The peripheral nerves put together an intricate network that connects the brain and the spinal cord to the skin, muscles and internal organs. Peripheral Neuropathy refers to the conditions that occur when these nerves are damaged or diseased. It can cause pain, numbness, prickling or tingling in your feet. This condition is generally seen in diabetics.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis:It is the most common type of inflammatory Arthritis. According to the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society, up to 90% of people with this condition report associated foot problems. The condition causes soreness, warmth and swelling of one or more foot joints that can last for a few days or longer.
Toe Pain Causes
- Gout: Gout in toe causes sudden, severe attacks of pain, redness, swelling and tenderness in the big toe joints. It is caused due to a build-up of uric acid crystals. An attack of Gout in toe can occur suddenly, leaving you with a burning sensation in big toe. The affected joint is swollen, hot and very tender, unable to bear even the slightest weight.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: It is a form of Arthritis that causes inflammation of the toe joints. It mostly affects the big toe, leading to big toe inflammation. Past traumas or injuries, such as a sprained or broken toe, can cause arthritis of the toes as we age. The condition can pose difficulty in walking, as the toes play an important role in balancing and pushing the foot off the ground .
- Infection:Infections in the toe can cause pain, swelling, tenderness and in some cases even fever. It is more common in people with diabetes and those with a weak immune system. Toe infections can occur due to an injury, underlying medical condition, microorganisms (bacteria or fungus) or wearing tight-fitting shoes amongst others.
- Hammer Toe:It is a condition that causes the toe to abnormally bend in its middle joint, making the toe bend downward, which looks like a hammer. This painful condition occurs due to an imbalance in the surrounding muscles, tendons or ligaments that generally keep the toe straight. The causes include age, genetics, injury, underlying medical condition or wearing tight-fitting shoes to name a few. If left untreated, hammer toe pain progressively worsens over time.
What if the Patient is left untreated with Foot and Toe Pain?
- It can lead to disability in movement.
- It can cause chronic stiffness of the foot and toe joints.
- Long term use of pain killers can cause depression, addiction and loss of brain matter.
- Chronic pain may cause limping or disability, leading to reduced physical activity and social restrictions. It can adversely affect the Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQL).
Homeopathy Treatment and Benefits for Foot and Toe Pain
A safe and effective medium to treat foot and toe pain is through homeopathy. Homeopathic medicines are made from natural ingredients and are hence free from side-effects. Homeopathic remedies go to the root cause of your foot or toe pain and treat it to ensure long-term relief. Homeopathic treatment also treats the different underlying ailments that may cause or aggravate your foot or toe pain, thus providing holistic relief. Homeopathic medicines can be safely taken by people of all age groups without any fear of addiction or side-effects.
The Indian Journal of Research in Homeopathy published a retrospective study on homoeopathic treatment in patients with heel pain with or without Calcaneal Spur. From a total of 92 patients, 76 (82.6%) patients had Calcaneal Spur. Homoeopathic treatment showed positive results in nearly 75% of the patients with Calcaneal Spur.
Why Dr Batra's is good for Foot and Toe Pain Homeopathy Treatment?
For over 35 years, Dr Batra's™ has been bringing relief to patients through the natural and safe medium of homeopathy, with a 91% success rate as authenticated by American Quality Assessors. The causes and symptoms of foot and toe pain differ from person to person. Our homeopathic doctors put together a personalized homeopathic treatment for your foot and toe pain after taking into account your unique symptoms and causes. Thus, we ensure you receive the best homeopathic treatment that is suitable and provides maximum relief.