I have vitiligo: Which treatment would be better?
Vitiligo is a medical illness that causes white discolored patches on your skin. When the body's immune system destroys melanocytes (the cells that generate melanin), it affects the skin. Vitiligo begins with a few white patches on the skin and gradually spreads throughout your body. According to a study by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, vitiligo psychologically affects people, making them feel conscious and insecure about their appearance.
However, this is not the end of your world! Vitiligo may have its effects on your mental and physical health, but it can be treated and bought under control. Let us first understand this condition better.
Vitiligo can be caused by autoimmune disorders, physical wounds, and hereditary or neurogenic causes, among others. Patchy loss of pigment on your skin, premature greying, and discolored patches in the lining of your mouth could be an indication of vitiligo.
However, how do you find out whether it is vitiligo? When you start noticing discolored patches on the skin you may visit a doctor to confirm the condition; here is when the doctor asks you questions about your medical and family history. The doctor may also examine your skin with the help of a wood’s lamp; your diagnosis may also include a skin biopsy and blood tests to be completely sure.
Self-care tips for Vitiligo:
It is important to protect yourself against psychological health issues for as long as you have to live with this condition. Joining a support group will help you manage your ailment better while also allowing you to stay positive for better treatment results.
Let's have a look at some vitiligo treatment options:
- Protect yourself from the sun if you have vitiligo symptoms. Sunburns can be dangerous. Because there isn't enough melanin to protect the skin from the sun, it might be severely damaged. Always use SPF 30 sunscreen to protect your skin from long-term harm.
- Get a medically approved tattoo technique which is known as Micropigmentation. In this treatment, small particles of natural pigment are implanted under your patchy skin that can help cover the discoloring.
- There is another non-medical treatment that includes the use of cosmetics also known as the camouflage technique. In this treatment you can cover your white patches using a good foundation or a concealer. This technique could have side effects where the cosmetics can further affect the skin. Cosmetics can also get expensive and is not a long-lasting solution.
- Applied medications can also be used to add color to the patch. You may be prescribed cortisteroid that can be applied to the skin to hide the patches. While these medications only work on some areas of your body such as the face; it can have side effects, causing the skin to dry up and turn fragile.
- Surgery is another form of treatment chosen to treat vitiligo patches. It is a skin treatment where one part of your skin is removed and placed on the areas with discolored patches surgically. As this is a treatment that uses the knife the side effects you may experience includes failure to work, cobblestone-like skin, and infection.
Homeopathy Treatment & Medicine for vitiligo
You can also opt for a Homeopathic treatment for Vitiligo that is natural, safe and side-effect-free. According to a study conducted by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, homeopathic remedies are beneficial in the treatment of vitiligo. It addresses the underlying causes of your problem, such as anxiety, depression, and psychological wellness, to provide you with a holistic solution.
Dr Batra's® for Vitiligo Treatment
Dr Batra's® has combined the benefits of homeopathy with scientifically proven treatments to provide improved treatment outcomes for 15 lakh satisfied patients. Dr Batra's® newest offering, Derma Heal, has changed the face of homeopathy by giving scientifically sound, precise, and safe therapeutic choices. It's a painless skincare treatment that blends the therapeutic characteristics of homeopathy with the advantages of UVB sun rays. It's a natural and safe technique to address skin problems. Each session takes no more than 30 minutes. Certified therapists administer it under the supervision of homeopathic dermatologists! You'll notice a difference in just 5 weeks. Dr Batra's® and its homeopathic specialists have achieved long-term benefits for 1.4 lakh skin patients suffering from vitiligo. The American Quality Assessors have certified that we have an 89 percent success rate in treating vitiligo. So, contact our doctors right away.
Visit https://www.drbatras.com/book-an-appointment to schedule an appointment.