How to treat warts effectively with homeopathy
Skin warts are common worldwide and affect about 10% of the population. (Source: NCBI) Warts commonly appear on hands, feet, and on other areas of the skin and mucous membranes.
Warts are categorized based on location, namely common warts (around nails and fingers), foot warts, and genital warts. They are also understood on the basis of their morphology and texture, namely soft, hard, flat, smooth, rough, scaly, etc. These are contagious and can spread from direct skin contact.
Some are more likely to contract warts than others. Weakened immune systems, lack of adequate rest, poor nutrition, increased stress, and close living quarters can contribute to catching the wart virus.
Read More: What are warts all about
Types of warts
- Plantar warts: Warts that occur on the soles.
- Palmar warts: Warts found on the palmar surface of hands.
- Flat warts: Warts that are small and only slightly raised above the skin.
- Filiform warts:Also known as facial warts as they are generally found on the eyelids and lips.
- Periungual warts: Warts found around finger nails and toenails and are generally very painful.
- Genital warts: Genital warts are found in and around the genital area i.e. the vagina, penis or rectum. People who have multiple sexual partners and are already suffering from sexually transmitted diseases are more prone to genital warts. Genital warts can spread through sexual contact including oral sex. They can also spread from a woman to her foetus during delivery.
Skin is the mirror of internal health! This understanding forms the basis of homeopathic management of skin disorders. As a principle, homeopathic treatment is based on the understanding of the patient as a whole. This includes external signs and symptoms, mental makeup, and general physical state. This is what is called the totality of symptoms. A constitutional remedy thus selected eradicates the complaint locally as well as internally, thereby providing long-lasting relief from complaints.
A recent study of homeopathic treatment for different types of warts found that 18 of 19 people with plantar warts were cured in, on average, 2.2 months. (Source: Indian Journal of Drugs in Dermatology)
Prasad, a 32-year-old man came to Dr Batra’s™ homeopathy clinic for the treatment of warts. He anxiously showed us numerous small, fleshy, skin-colored growths on palms, fingers, and toes. He said he suffered from these multiple warts for two years, which were gradually increasing in size and number. He used several ointments recommended by many dermatologists and had also undergone cauterization once. But warts recurred. Prasad was extremely concerned because he had noticed that people avoided shaking hands with him due to fear of getting warts through touch. He feared touching his own children or having any physical relationship with his wife. Every day was getting more and more difficult for him and he was desperately looking for safe treatment of warts. Post homeopathic treatment at Dr Batra’s™, Prasad noticed a considerable reduction in his warts.
Are you unable to find a right treatment for warts? Book an online appointment with our expert homeopathic doctors for one of the safest treatment options available to get rid of warts.
- Wash your hands regularly and keep them clean
- Warts spread faster in moist areas hence keep the affected area of the skin dry
- If there are any cuts, wounds, etc. clean them thoroughly
- Don't scratch warts since this might spread them to other areas of the body
- If you or your partner has genital warts, refrain from sexual activity since genital warts are highly contagious