Homeopathic medicine in treatment of Leucorrhoea
Leucorrhoea or vaginal discharge is the most common and annoying problem for females. It is not a disease in itself but a symptom of some underlying disease. The origin of the discharge may be from uterus, cervix, vagina or vulva.
Types of Leucorrhoea
Physiological: Some vaginal discharge at puberty, during pregnancy, at the time of ovulation and during premenstrual phase is quite normal due to increased vascularity of the genital tract and requires no treatment. However, in small girls and aged women, the vaginal epithelium is thin and ill protected against infections, glycogen content is low and vaginal pH is higher, exceeding 7.4, which makes them susceptible to infection.
Pathological: It is a vaginal discharge occurring due to disease or malfunction of the female reproductive tract. It needs immediate attention, cleanliness, and treatment. Ignoring pathological leucorrhoea may lead to serious problems like infertility and complications of uterus. The nature of vaginal discharge varies from thin to thick bloody discharge with a foul smell. This condition is commonly present in both the cases of vaginitis and cervicitis.
To know more about the disorder, click here: Leucorrhoea Overview
Homeopathic Treatment of Leucorrhoea (White Discharge)
- Individualized treatment: Homeopathy being an individualistic science tries to find an individual remedy for treatment for white discharge in each case. Females who suffer from leucorrhoea present with different symptoms regarding the character, localization, extension, and severity. Also varying are the accompanying leucorrhoea symptoms like backache, itching & burning in the genital region etc. Leucorrhoea treatment in homeopathy is therefore individualistic.
- Long-term relief: Some females will have complaints much before menses while others are worse only during it. The character of leucorrhoea, its color, the presence of blood, the underlying causes like fibroids, cysts, endometriosis etc. differentiate one case from another. Treatment for white discharge in homeopathy considers all the above factors and the patient as a person also bringing about longer disease-free period.
- Restores vaginal PH balance: Unlike conventional leucorrhoea treatment which often results in vaginal dryness (causing pain & distress during sexual activity), leucorrhoea medicine in homeopathy focuses on maintaining the normal PH levels of female genitals (between 3.8 and 4.5).
- Boosts immunity naturally: In homeopathy, we boost the immune system which plays a very important role in the natural elimination of disease organism or the disease itself and also in prevention.
Read here to know homeopathic medicine treated Shifa's leucorrhoea condition
Shifa is a 33-year-old married woman. She had complaints of fishy vaginal white discharge accompanied by itching and burning sensation during urination. She was also experiencing stomach cramps and heavy bleeding during menstruation. She took course of antibiotics suggested by a medical practitioner for a week but the infection recurred. It became a cause of embarrassment for her and affected her married life badly. Her sister-in-law then suggested consulting a homeopath for treatment of leucorrhoea. She visited Dr Batra's; the homeopathic doctor took a detailed consultation and recommended an appropriate homeopathic remedy along with a nutritional diet. She continued the treatment for 3 months to get complete relief from the infection.
If you too are looking for safe and effective treatment for leucorrhea, you can take the help of our homeopathic specialist by booking an appointment online at book an appointment. At Dr Batra's™, our homeopathic doctor has successfully treated women's health problems including leucorrhoea with the treatment success rate of 96% as authenticated by American Quality Assessors.
- Maintain vaginal hygiene by regularly washing it and wear clean garments every day.
- Wear cotton underpants to avoid moisture build-up.
- Drink plenty of water and juices.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin A, B, C, E, magnesium and zinc.
- Please keep in mind to take the complete course of treatment for leucorrhoea as suggested by the homeopathic doctor. If it is not treated properly, the infection may recur and become persistent.
You may want to read: Common Reasons for White Discharge