Many of us are always in search for the best solution to stop our hair from thinning. We tend to jump for treatments which could show us fast results but we always forget that what comes fast goes fast and with double the quantity. We forget that prevention is better than cure. When we have already started noticing that our scalp is looking less full than before or the size of your ponytail has reduced, we need to take urgent call on its treatment which is safe and gentle before it’s too late.
Mot Common Triggering factors for Hair Thinning:
Timely intervention with a safe method of treatment could save the hair from further deteriorating. If ignored, it may lead to complete baldness.
- Positive Family History (Hereditary): Even one relative on either side of the parent is sufficient to give you a positive genetic history. Hair loss caused due to hereditary factor is known as AGA or Androgenetic Alopecia.
- Thyroid Diseases: An underactive thyroid (Hypothyroid) or overactive thyroid (Hyperthyroid) causes general hairloss on the scalp making hair thin and sparse.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder in which a woman’s hormones are out of balance. High levels of male hormones in females cause thick facial hair (Hirsuitism) and patterned hair loss on head.
- Stress: Stress triggered hairloss is generally short-term or temporary. Chronic stress can cause substantial damage to your hair sometimes leading to permanent baldness.
- Conventional Medicines: Acne medications containing vitamin A (retinoids), Antibiotics and antifungal drugs, Antidepressants, Birth control pills, Anticlotting drugs, Cholesterol-lowering drugs, Drugs that suppress the immune system, Drugs that treat breast cancer, Epilepsy drug(anticonvulsants), High blood pressure medications (anti-hypertensive), such as beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, and diuretics; Hormone replacement therapy, Mood stabilizers, Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Parkinson’s disease drugs, Steroids, Thyroid medications, Weight loss drugs are known to cause hair thinning.
- Crash Dieting: In order to lose weight fast people cut down on the calories they intake. This puts a lot of stress on the body and depletes the necessary vitamins in the body. This in turn takes a toll on hair and there could be massive hair shedding with severe nutritional deficiencies.
- Chemical Treatments: Frequent usage of hair dyes, perming, straightening damage the hair shaft and make the hair weak. One good option is using a colour or dye with no ammonia.
- Nutritional Deficiency: Protein, iron, vitamin B12, folic acid and biotin. Hair follicles contain ferritin- the protein that stores iron. Whenever there is iron-deficiency in the body, ferritin from the hair follicles is moved and used up for more essential body functions, lack of ferritin in the hair follicles affects the hair’s ability to grow. A low zinc level in the body is another cause of hair fragility, weakness and breakage that is often overlooked. Zinc deficiency can affect the hair on your scalp as well as the eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Habits: Smoking and Alcohol are known to accelerate hair thinning.
- Sleep Disturbances: Disturbed sleep and Insomnia is a known triggering factor for hair loss.
- Acute Febrile Illnesses: Malaria, Typhoid, Dengue, Chikungunya could trigger acute hairloss.
Homoeopathy for Hair thinning…
Homoeopathic medicines show good long term response in male and female patterned baldness.
Homeopathy is free from any side-effects. Not only do homoeopathic medicines reduce hairloss but they also protect the body from harmful side-effects (such as decreased libido, ejaculation problems) that are common with conventional drugs.
Homoeopathy is a holistic medicine and treats the patient as well as the pathology. Hence thyroid, PCOS can be simultaneously treated in Homoeopathy without having 10 different medicines unlike conventional medicines.
Stress in females which are the major cause hairloss can be very effectively treated with homoeopathy.
Homoeopathy treats not only all physical complaints, but also targets the mind and gently restores mind-body equilibrium - thus it treats the patient as a whole.
Homoeopathy has remedies such as Thuja Occidentalis and Sabal Serrulata which have been very effective in treating hair loss. These two homeopathic medicines are cited with natural DHT- inhibitor action i.e. they control hairloss caused by DHT without side-effects.
Hair lotions available in market to control hair loss are very high in chemicals and can cause a chemical burns on the scalp skin leading to permanent hairloss and scars in the affected areas. Homoeopathy has no such side-effects as the medicines are oral medicines.