Homeopathy treatment of Leucorrhoea or White Discharge
Leucorrhoea is a medical term for excessive milky white discharge from the female genitals. It is commonly experienced by married and pregnant women. The typical characteristic of leucorrhoea i.e. thick white discharge with foul smell makes it embarrassing for women to get into social gatherings and even engage in personal affairs.
Therefore, the affected women need reassurance, prevention from infections and some counseling along with the treatment as most of the women’s health problems are psychosomatic in nature. If not treated properly in the initial stages, it may become chronic and the infection may spread inwards into the cervix, uterus or fallopian tubes.
The good news is that leucorrhoea or white discharge can be safely treated by homeopathy. Homeopathy goes to the root cause of the disorder to treat it effectively and gives long-lasting results. At Dr Batra’s™, we have successfully treated women’s health problems including leucorrhoea with the treatment success rate of 96% as authenticated by American Quality Assessors. If you too are looking for a safe and effective leucorrhoea treatment, consult our expert homeopaths by booking an appointment online.
Spot the 'white spot' so that you can treat the disorder in time.
Mostly there won’t be any symptom other than milky white discharge. But, in some cases, the accompanying symptoms of white discharge can be seen and bring in the notice of the doctor to take the right treatment:
- Intense itching, burning sensation and swelling of the vagina
- Menstrual-like cramps in the lower abdomen
- Pain during or after sex
- Unusual, fish-like smelly discharge
- Soreness and dryness of the vagina
- Frequent urge to pass urine
- Backache and pain in the leg, especially thigh and calf muscles
- Irritability and lack of concentration due to consciousness of discharge
- Digestive disturbances like constipation, diarrhoea or vomiting
- Tiredness due to loss of vital fluids as discharge
Causes for white discharge
- Fungal/ Parasitic/ Bacterial Infection (e.g. Candida albicans, Protozoa Trichomonas vaginalis, Chlamydia)
- Injury to the vagina/ cervix/ womb during childbirth, abortion, or excessive sexual indulgence
- Poor hygienic conditions, especially during periods
- Diabetes and anaemia
- Irritation of IUCD
Sprays and jellies (sprays used by males for provoking sexual act and jellies/drugs taken by females to kill sperms to avoid conception)
To know more about the disorder, click here: Leucorrhoea - Overview
Homeopathy treatment for white discharge
Generally, women tend to seek medical help for leucorrhoea only when they are compelled to change their undergarments or feel a severe burning sensation, irritation or urgency to urinate. It is advised not to wait for the symptoms to flare-up. Consult a doctor as soon as you notice the symptoms so that you can stop the infection from spreading.
Leucorrhea treatment options vary due to the wide variety of its causes. For example, in case of a bacterial infection, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic to reduce the symptoms and kill bacteria. Antibiotics use, however, may lead to antibiotic-resistance in your body and disrupt the bacteria balance in your vagina leading to yeast infection discharge. Furthermore, they do not work with your immune system to keep recurrences at bay as they indiscriminately kill the bacteria that your immune system should be killing on its own. In several cases, where hormonal imbalance is the main reason for white discharge, conventional treatment does nothing to correct it, thereby increasing the chances of recurrence of the disorder.
Hence, we advise you to take homeopathy treatment for white discharge for an effective cure. Homeopathy potentially works by maintaining the hormonal balance and boosting your body’s immune system to overcome the infection. Homeopathic medicines for leucorrhoea helps to control infection, ease the distressing complaints, delay recurrence and prevent complications. Moreover, they are made from natural substances and hence do not cause any side-effects.
You May Want To Know: Types of Vaginal Discharge
Homeopathic medicines for leucorrhoea are recommended by doctors after taking your detailed case study, a physical examination to identify the type of infection, and considering your temperament and lifestyle. This is because homeopathy not only treats your physical symptoms but corrects the root cause of it to give you long-lasting results.
Besides taking leucorrhoea treatment, it is necessary to practice self-help tips at home to prevent repeated infections. Below given are few points for your consideration -
- Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with a gentle soap.
- Wear clean garments every day.
- Always wear cotton underpants to avoid moisture.
- Do not stop treatment when white discharge symptoms disappear. Take the full course of treatment to prevent relapse.
- Abstain from sexual intercourse during the course of treatment to avoid irritation of tissues, which are in the process of healing.
- Sprays, deodorants, and strong perfumed soap and bath products
- Stress, since it may affect the hormonal level and may increase secretions
- Sharing towels and garments
- Synthetic or nylon garments which cause dampness of genital organs
- Sexual intercourse during heavy discharges
- Nutritious diet, especially foods rich in vitamin A, B, C, E, magnesium and zinc, to improve general health
- Plenty of water and juices to avoid urinary tract infection, and its spread to the vagina or cervix
So, the next time you notice an excessive white discharge from your vagina, instead of panicking or hiding, seek professional help. At Dr Batra’s™, we have professional female homeopathic doctors to address your health issues if you are not comfortable addressing it to a male doctor.