Homeopathy: Hair fall solution for all hair conditions
Hair loss refers to excessive loss of hair from the scalp. It is customary to lose some amount (50-100 strands) of hair each day as a part of the cycle of growing and shedding of hair. However, when the hair loss is in excess, it becomes a cause for concern.
Excessive hair loss can be determined by symptoms like:
- Excessive hair shedding (more hair seen on the floor, on the pillow or on your washroom drain)
- Receding hair line
- Overall thinning of hair
- Widening of partition and a thin pony tail in women
- Partial baldness and M-shaped hair line in men
- Losing hair from the back of the head or the crown area
- Hair loss in patches
Hair loss often is a result of different causes like:
- Nutritional deficiency
- Medical disorders like Thyroid Disorders, Diabetes and PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Stress and anxiety
- Autoimmune disorders
- Scalp Psoriasis
- Excessive dryness or oiliness of the scalp
It therefore requires a personalised approach for treatment. To treat hair loss effectively, one has to go to the root of the problem. The selection of hair loss treatment is based on diagnosing the exact cause of hair loss, extent of hair loss, the grade of baldness and condition of the hair and scalp.
Amongst various hair loss conditions, the 6 common ones are:
Male Pattern Baldness : Androgenic alopecia, or male pattern baldness, is mostly responsible for hair loss in males. The condition is characterised by a typical pattern of receding hairline from the front side and hair thinning at the crown. It can even progress to partial or complete baldness in some cases.Read More
Female Pattern Baldness : Also known as androgenetic alopecia, female pattern baldness is one of the most common forms of hair loss in females. It is characterized by thinning hair, widening of the hair parting, and reduction in the density as well as the volume of hair. Read More
Alopecia Areata : It is one of the most common forms of hair loss where hair falls out in round patches. In this condition, hair can fall out from the scalp or from anywhere else in the body. The patches appear suddenly and may spread rapidly in a relatively short span of time. Read More
Scalp Psoriasis : This is characterised by the flaking of the scalp where one can see visible red patches of skin covered with thick, silvery white scales often associated with itching. Read More
Seborrhoeic Dermatitis : Commonly known as dandruff, it is a scaly skin disorder of the scalp. It is an extremely common scalp condition that affects up to 40% of the population worldwide. Though it is comparatively harmless, research shows that dandruff can alter the hair cycle causing hair loss. Read More
Trichotillomania : In Trichotillomania, the hair does not fall out on its own; it is pulled out by the patient in response to an emotional stress. Just as some people have a tendency to bite their fingernails or prick their skin when stressed, patients of trichotillomania end up pulling their own hair out. Read More
What to expect in a consultation at Dr.Batra's™?
Medical Assessment : In the first consultation, the doctor spends 45 minutes understanding the extent and root cause of the hair loss.
Scientific Analysis : The doctor conducts a digital hair and scalp analysis with a video microscope that helps to magnify the hair and scalp up to 200 times. It identifies the extent of the problem enabling an accurate scientific treatment plan.
Genetic Test Advice : In many cases, our genes are responsible for hair loss. Dr.Batra's™ has developed Geno Homeopathy- the world’s first gene-targeted homeopathic therapy. Geno Homeopathy is advised on the basis of a non-invasive Genetic Test that is done by collecting the saliva of the patient. This helps identify the strength of the hair loss gene, helps predict the probability of going bald, and helps identify and treat possible genetic factors that can cause hair loss. Since Geno Homeopathy is based on your individualized genetic predisposition, it is, therefore, the most individualized and customized treatment for hair loss..
Treatment Plan : Based on the diagnosis of the hair loss problem and the expectations from treatment, our qualified and experienced doctors (some have completed a fellowship course in Dermatology, including Trichology, from the Mumbai University) develop a customized treatment plan. Based on the individual needs, they recommend the right treatment to the patient. Dr.Batra's™ follows an integrated approach combining homeopathic medicine, nutritional supplements and aesthetic treatments to bring best results to patients.
Homeopathic treatment for all hair conditions
There are 5 advantages of homeopathic treatment for hair loss :
- It not only treats the symptoms of hair loss but also its root cause, which can be an underlying illness like thyroid disorder, diabetes mellitus, anaemia, polycystic ovarian syndrome or even physical and emotional stress.
- iIt does not cause harmful side effects such which commonly occur with the use of conventional drugs used for hair fall treatment. Homeopathic remedies for hair fall such as Thuja Occidentalis or Sabal Serrulata have been used to treat hair loss for over 100 years..
- It helps to strengthen the hair roots, naturally and without side effects..
- It helps to regulate the hormonal imbalance/s, slows down the rate at which air is falling and improves the uptake of nutrients showing long-lasting results..
- It delays deterioration and baldness, improves blood circulation beneath the hair roots and removes toxins. Read More