THAT GUT FEELING ABOUT DIGESTIVE DISORDERS
Digestive disorders also known as gastrointestinal disorders are disorders of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract which comprises of the stomach, intestines, liver, pancreas and gall bladder. Generally gastric disorders include conditions such as constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, anal fissures and fistulas, perianal abscesses, piles (hemorrhoids), colitis, colon polyps and cancer.
Gastrointestinal disorders can be classified into 2 major categories:
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Structural gastrointestinal disorders
Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
In these disorders the GI tract looks normal but it doesn’t function properly. The most common problems that affect the GI tract are:
- Constipation: Constipation is a GI tract disorder in which the person finds difficulty in passing stools and the frequency of bowel movements is also very low (less than 3 times a week). The passage of stools is a strenuous process due to hard stools. Here’s how homeopathy treats constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: IBS is a disorder of the intestines which usually shows symptoms such as abdominal cramps, flatulence, diarrhea and constipation. It is not necessary that people with IBS show the same symptoms. It is estimated that 15 – 20% of the people around the world suffer from IBS.
Structural Gastrointestinal Disorders
In these disorders the GI tract looks abnormal and doesn’t function properly as well. Some of them are listed as below:
- Piles (Hemorrhoids): Piles are swollen veins at the end of the anus and rectum. They are caused by putting strain while passing stools. Hemorrhoids can be internal or external. They are usually very easily preventable and treatable. It is usually painful and accompanied by rectal bleeding. To know more about homeopathy treatment for piles, click https://www.drbatras.com/piles/homeopathic-treatment
- Anal Fissures: It is a tear in the lining of the anus. The usual symptoms are severe pain during or after bowel movement and bleeding. Mostly it heals itself but if it doesn’t then see your doctor as it can be chronic.
- Colitis: It refers to a condition where the colon is inflamed and is categorized chronic digestive disease. Loss of blood supply (ischemia), infections and autoimmune ailments are the common causes.
- Cancer: Stomach cancer, also known as gastric cancer is when a malignant or benign tumor forms in the stomach. According, to the WHO, there more than 7 lakh deaths in the world due to stomach cancer. The other type of cancer is colon cancer, where the cancer develops in the large intestine. It usually begins as polyps (small benign clumps) which eventually with age turn into cancer. It is best to get a screening done if you have been experiencing stomach disorders & digestive problems that refuse to go away.
- Anal Fistula: An anal fistula is an infected tunnel between the skin and the anus. One opening of this tunnel is in the anal cavity and the other in the skin near the anus. Pain, pus and blood are usually symptoms associated with it.
Homeopathy For Digestive Disorders
Homeopathy has a great proven worth in treatment of multiple digestive disorders including but not limited to stomach infections, constipation, IBS, diarrhea, hemorrhoids even cancer in some cases. For e.g., a clinical study found that 62% IBS patients who took homeopathy saw positive results, as opposed to only 25% patients benefitting from allopathic treatment.
However, be aware of the following severe symptoms and get a diagnosis as soon as possible:
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Persistent & severe abdominal pain
- Feeling of heaviness and feeling full in the stomach
- Bleeding from rectum
- Nausea with vomiting and presence of blood.
The age old saying ‘trust your gut’ is probably true, so if your gut tells you something is wrong then better get an appointment at https://www.drbatras.com/book-an-appointment