Reaching out to the world
Dr Batra's™ Positive Health Awards 2010 presented by Bajaj Discover, were held at N.C.P.A. today, with Bollywood stars Aishwarya & Abhishek Bachchan felicitating the awardees at a glittering ceremony attended by over 1,000 invitees.
These Awards, now in their fifth year, are India’s first health honours instituted by Dr Batra's™, to recognise those who have displayed outstanding courage in the fight against disease and disability. Pioneers in the Indian automobile industry, Bajaj Discover has partnered for the very first time with this year’s project which is being held in Mumbai.
An eminent panel of jurists comprising of Smt. Maneka Gandhi, Ms. Anu Aga, Mr. Vivek Oberoi, Mr. R. Balki, Mr. Rajiv Bajaj and Dr. Mukesh Batra selected six winners from over hundred of nominations.
These six winner, Dr. Dyandeo Chopade, Ms. Kritika Purohit, Ms. Anita Guruprasad, Ms. Sushmeeta Bubna, Mr. Suresh Chalke, Ms. Sabira Khan and Ms. Dhriti Pandit, exemplify what it takes to transform humans into heroes.
In addition to a short biographic film on each awardee, the guests were entertained by scintillating performances by dance guru Shiamak Davar’s troupe of specially-challenged children. There was also a musical rendition and dance performance by the students of The Happy Home and School for the Blind.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Mukesh Batra, Founder and CMD, Dr Batra's™ Positive Health Clinic Pvt. Ltd. said, "These awards are but a small reward for a big achievement. In overcoming serious health setbacks to lead positive, purposeful lives, each one of our Positive Health Heroes has demonstrated that the strength of the human spirit can conquer the frailties of the human body. The Positive Health Awards honour this spirit and re-affirm Dr Batra's™ commitment to health, strength and positivity.”
Reiterating his support to the cause, Mr. Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto Ltd. stated, “My firm belief in the goodness of homeopathy and the validity of its logic that first brought me into contact with Dr Batra's™. Having been a guest at previous Positive Health Award functions, and a witness to the remarkable stories of strength and recovery of the awardees, I am honoured for Bajaj Discover to be part of this year’s ceremony. Bajaj Discover salutes the 2010 Positive Health Awardees and hopes their example will inspire and spread hope to others.”
About the Awardees:
• Dr. Dyandeo Chopade - Dr Chopade established the country's first care group working exclusively for children with this congenital condition.
• Ms. Kritika Purohit - Purohit is probably the first visually challenged student in the state to have got through a physiotherapy course.
• Ms. Anita Guruprasad - Anita went into coma during child birth and after she revived she experienced a lot of other physical problems, yet she went on to set up her own business and is a successful entrepreneur today.
• Ms. Sushmeeta Bubna - Being visually challenged herself, Sushmeeta founded Voice Vision, a computer institute for the blind and people with low vision.
• Mr. Suresh Chalke - Suresh is wheelchair bound and he provides free counselling to other handicapped individuals. He also encourages them to pursue their hobbies and live independently.
• Ms. Dhriti Pandit - Dhriti is a Down Syndrome child and a state level basket ball and table tennis champion.
• Ms. Sabira Khan – Sabira is a victim of the bomb blast at Wadi Bunder on 26th November, 2008. She has lost a leg and is hearing impaired.
About The Positive Health Awards:
Dr Batra's™ Positive Health Clinics, the world’s leading chain of homeopathy clinics, instituted the Positive Health Awards 5 years ago in 2006. These awards salute the heroism of those who have fought serious physical setbacks to survive and contribute meaningfully to society. We also honour those medical professionals who selflessly serve society. These awards encourage others to believe in themselves and show to the world that nothing is impossible.
Corporate Social Responsibility:
Dr Batra's™ Positive Health Foundation has been making a profound difference to the lives of orphans, handicapped children and the elderly. On the first Monday of each month, one clinic in each of the cities where Dr Batra's™ is located, offers free consultation and medication to needy patients. Every employee at Dr Batra's™ contributes 1% of his/her salary to the Foundation every month. 1% of the organization's net profit also goes to the same. The Foundation grants scholarships to deserving students who wish to pursue studies in homeopathy. It conducts CSR activities in a number of institutions such as the Happy Home & School For The Blind, Shepherd Widow's Home, Mercy Old Age Home, Action India and People For Animals Shelter, to just name a few. Every year, it honours individuals who are living medical miracles having survived and recovered from seemingly irrecoverable conditions to lead remarkable lives.
Consult an expert doctor now
Request a call back